Sesame Street Sings the Alphabet Question

theshack1990

Reaction score
I have a question-

I recently bought for my son the "Sesame Street Sings the Alphabet" CD that I used to have on vinyl as a child. back then it was called "The Muppet ALphabet Album". I was disappointed that the ABC song is performed now by Elmo on it, but all in all i think it is fantastic and it really took me back to when i was his age.

My question is do they make this cd on dvd or dare i say VHS? I know these songs all were skits at one point, i noticed a dvd for sale called "Learning about Letters" but it appears in the listing, that some of the sketches are different.
Example- on the dvd it states "Oscar the Grouch praises the "I" in "Icky Ice Cream Cones" but on the CD Grover singsthe "I" as "I stand up straight and tall".

Do we know if my request exists? or if someone took the time to compile such a thing?

I've been searching all over and if anybody has some info on this, it would be so much appreciated

till then....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... There are a few things to explain here.
First of all, if you search for these at Muppet Wikia, you'll find out much more information on these and more.

1 The Muppet Alphabet Album or Sesame Street Sings the Alphabet and Learning About Letters are two completely different releases.
Learning About Letters was released as Volume 1 of the Sesame Street VHS collection, with sketches and street segments where Telly leads the gang in finding something different that starts with each letter.
2 Not all songs featured as part of the Alphabet Album aired on the television program, this is illustrated at Muppet Wiki's article.
3 If you prefer the original Alphabet Album, try looking for a copy on eBay, amazon.com or try asking in the "Lots of MUP3s" thread for the songs from that release.

Hope this helps and have a good evening.