Sesame Street: There's a Hole in the Bucket

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
Does anyone remember a skit on Sesame Street with a puppet named Henry voiced by Jim singing "There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza, there's a hole in the bucket, Dear Liza, hmm hmmm."
Liza then says "Well fix it, dear Henry, dear Henry, dear Henry; well fix it dear Henry, dear Henry FIX IT!!!!!!" and it would go on from there, with Henry asking about what to fix it with, etc.
Does antone remember this, and also, does anyone have an mp3 of it? Thanks! :stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

Jennifer12

Reaction score
I do!! I do!!!

This has got to be one of the all-time best! For as long as I can remember (and I'm at the old age of 31) whenever one of us kids has made a big deal of something we could solve ourselves my mom would sing that song! Now I do it whenever someone at work comes to me with a problem....no one really gets the reference though.... Sorry to say I don't have an mp3...

Jennifer

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I love that whole song!!!! oh the memories keep flooding!

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
Hey! Glad to see someone else out there remembers that classic! (And I'm at the ripe old age of 29! They just don't make 'em like that anymore on Elmo, I mean Sesame Street...OOPS! lol) I remember Liza, rocking in her chair faster and faster and Henry made her progressively angrier.

"A HAMMER dear Henry, daer Henry, dear Henry, a HAMMER dear Henry, a hammer...FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jennifer12 said:
This has got to be one of the all-time best! For as long as I can remember (and I'm at the old age of 31) whenever one of us kids has made a big deal of something we could solve ourselves my mom would sing that song! Now I do it whenever someone at work comes to me with a problem....no one really gets the reference though.... Sorry to say I don't have an mp3...

Jennifer