Sesame Street TV References

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... And don't forget the episode of South Park where the boys are recreating the crucification plays, where Carpmen's nailed to a cross... To which a strolling Officer Barbrady comments: "t, turtle" before walking away.
Obviously an homage to the Typewriter Guy.

Or the episode of Drawn Together where the housemates look at a ringing telephone oddly, imitating the sketch with the Sesame Street Martians.

There was also the episode of South Park with special guest star Wing, she was singing songs of Abba during the episode. This one ends with her performing at the wedding for Sylvester Stallone's son. She sings the song "Sing", which while recorded by Abba belongs to the pantheon of Sesame Street songs in its own right.

Hope this helps, any others feel free to post 'em here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also must mention (vis a vis Samuarai Pizza cats), that an evil ninja crow character is called Bad Bird (probably a play on Big Bird).

Let's not forget the Tickle My Elmo refferences too...

Johnny Bravo: in the episode Detective Johnny (I guess that's the title... I can check later) the episode centers around Suzy having her Jiggle Me Jimbo doll stolen.

Pink and the Brain: there was an episode where the Brain was becoming a Sumo Wrestler for some reason (I forget what his plan called for), and Pinky is playing with a Tickle me Bimbo doll. When Brain reveals his mechanical sumo suit Pinky says "NARF! A tickle me Dom Deluise! That's the rarest one of all."

Spin City: I recall an episode in which 2 of the workers (the Gay one and the stuck up one) were in a toy store fighting over a Giggle Me Gizmo.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
That episode got shown here in Australia last night. I remember seeing the shirt of Big Bird having tied up Elmo. It seemed to me that that was what a lot of older Sesame Street fans would have liked to have done!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
there was also a few in a movie called Ernest Rides Again. The Dr. Ernest was hangging with called him a refugey from SS. and i think when Ernest was nameing off gropes of duo's i think he said Ernie and Bert.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was watching Fosters Home for Imaginary friends yesterday, and I saw a 2 headed monster that has one head with horns pointing down, and one that has horns pointing up. Considering Craig McCracken has confirmed he is a muppet fan (The Sesame Street News logo popping up in the Powerpuff girls movie, the Mr. Looper refference, and puppet pals clearly being a refference to Ernie and Bert) I think it's worthy to be a mention.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let's not forget the Tickle My Elmo refferences too...

Johnny Bravo: in the episode Detective Johnny (I guess that's the title... I can check later) the episode centers around Suzy having her Jiggle Me Jimbo doll stolen.

2 Things. The episode is called Noir Johnny.

secondly, I found out how to make screen caps, so here's some pictures of it

Pitcure 1

Picture 2

If someone can get this message to someone at Muppetwiki (if they want to use these screen grabs) please do.

Drtooth

Reaction score
In th new unfunny Fox sitcom "Back to You" they made some joke about one of the anchors hitting on a skater from "Sesame Street" on Ice. The Fred Willard character points out, "I seem to recall you banging Bert" Kelsey Grammar adds, "That night was brought to you by the letter "O-O-OH!"

Katzi428

Reaction score
In th new unfunny Fox sitcom "Back to You" they made some joke about one of the anchors hitting on a skater from "Sesame Street" on Ice. The Fred Willard character points out, "I seem to recall you banging Bert" Kelsey Grammar adds, "That night was brought to you by the letter "O-O-OH!"
Yeah...I noticed that too.:rolleyes: