Sesame Street Unpaved Episodes #536 and #560

mikealan

Reaction score
Guys,...guess what I saw on the Museum of Television and Radio yesterday? I saw two early Sesame Street episodes from 1973! As I saw them, they've got lots of wonderful sketches and lots of wonderful characters. Here are alot of favorites:

1) The animated opening from #536 where a cartoon woodpecker makes the "Sesame Street" sign on the tree
2) The other animated opening from #560 where a man took off his boots, makes a rocket and flies off as the "Sesame Street" sign appears
3) Sam the Robot-I finally saw him! He said "Hi, Luis!" in his cameo appearance as Luis comes out of the Fix-It-Shop. Sam sounds like Bob's, but he freaked me out.
4) Fat...cat...sat...hat (by Mahna Mahna and his shaded buddies)
5) Daddy Dear- a surreal classic letter D animation/song. There are some stuff in it that freaked me out are dandylions with a lion's head and daisies have human's heads and feet.
6) Kermit & Joey sing the ABCDEFG Cookie Monster
7) I definately LOVED the Beat the Time game show! It hosted by Guy Smiley and Cookie Monster appears in it as a contestant. During this game show, Guy wants Cookie to find three things that rhyme with "rain" until the clock reaches zero. Here's how it went: Cookie returned a cane (which an old man Muppet complained about it), a chain (which it was attached by a wild Frazzle) and a train (which he wrecked the studio)!
8) The D animation/live-action mix-it featured lots of D words were donkey, deer, dolphins, ducks, doves, dalmations, dogs, dragons, dinosaurs, doctors, dads, writing in diaries, playing drums, drawing, dentists, a man daydreaming in the dandylion fields, etc.
9) "From now on, ah'll be known as Cowboy O!"-I watched the short skit about Cowboy X. He stamped X's all over the town called "Sniddler's Gulch", so all of the citizens decided that he had to be stopped. Then the boy says, "Wait! What if we just ask Cowboy X to please stop marking up our town with X's?" Then the other citizens agreed that they can do it. Cowboy X arrives back and the boys asks him to stop and Cowboy X did stop, so rides off the town and becomes Cowboy O. The town now had O's all over the place and the citizens liked O's better than X's as the narrator says, "And the citizens of Sniddler's Gulch lived happily ever after, because they really weren't very smart!"
10) "Don't ya see, there's a bird on me."
11) Ernie draws Bert on the screen! At the end, Bert says, "How'd you do that?" and Ernie makes a nifty laugh.
12) Ernie and Bert go to the movies. Ernie makes silly noises until Bert and the Anything Muppets want him to be quiet. Then a purple man Muppet with no eyes and no hair arrives and throws Bert out of the theater.
13) Ernie brought licorice from the candy store. Ernie thinks that the pieces of licorice weren't the same length, so Ernie eats most licorice than Bert's!
14) Kermit and Grover demonstrate differences between "short" and "long"
15) I'm so glad to see the Baker number "4" sketch. It goes like this:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4
Let's sing a song of 4!
How many is 4?

(Then it shows everything of 4: four dolls, four balloons, four fish, four wenching toys, and four arms. Then at the end, the baker says "Four root beer floats!" then he fell down the stairs and spilled four root beer floats as the kids off-screen sang...)

And that's the song of 4!

16) A live film about a jackrabbit
17) A live film about a doll factory
18) A live film where a little girl and her dad make a stool
19) Everybody Sleeps-footage of many people and animals sleep until at the end, we see a man sleeping and missed the train!
20) One Of These Things
21) Bert-Doin' the Pigeon
22) A live film where the kids at the theater tell the woman on the screen where the "EXIT" is.
23) The Trading Game with host Guy Smiley and two contestants are a purple Muppet lady from Pennsylvania and Oscar!
24) the race cars/spies segment-the #2 version

I'll finish up later. Bye guys!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I went there the other day, it's great. I saw the 69 pilot episode. Big Bird was so weird, his voice was different and he barely had any feathers on his head!

Also the dialogue seems a little more spontaneous as oppose to now where everything seems so scripted.

ssetta

Reaction score
Wow! They even have an episode that hasn't even been on Noggin! Do they have any other non-Noggin episodes? I just don't understand why they never added any new shows like they said they would awhile back!

mikealan

Reaction score
More favorites...

Here are more memories...

25) Kermit interviewing a young child on the street
26) Stevie Wonder singing "123 Sesame Street"
27) The "V" segment where the "V" flies in space as a lady's voice says, "v...v...v..."
28) V-Violin cartoon where the man breaks the violin!
29) The alphabet lunchbox
30) Alien Alphabet-It featured two AM's (played by Jim Henson and Frank Oz) reciting the alphabet
31) Sherlock Hemlock sings "X Marks the Spot"!
32) Harvey Kneeslapper makes a joke to an Anything Muppet that X marks the spot on him. The AM doesn't care, so Harvey slaps the spot first then the letter X on the AM's chest and laughs so hard, so the AM lets out a scream.
33) The "X" segment about the animated Master El Danso and his Training X's!
34) The "X" segment where a man stamps an "X" on the horse as he says "Brand X!"
35) The "X" segment where a man taught us about the letter X. He said the words that end with X are fox, box and ox. Then he walks off leaving an EXIT sign.
36) X- X-ray cartoon
37) David finds the way to get out of the island by Maria as a genie
38)I saw most of these scenes on A&E Biography. It featured the spot where David, Big Bird, Snuffy and the others play a game together.
39) Four Big Lions by a cartoon fiddler
40) Muppet cheerleaders cheering for the number "4"
41) Grover and Lena Horne sing "Brand New Friend Of Mine"
42) The Clapping Song by Roosevelt Franklin and the others
43) Bus Stop skit with the AM's
44) David helps Oscar make the BUS STOP sign until the bus arrives.
45) I loved the Numbers In Prison cartoon! It had the "0" telling the #'s 1-20 what their names are. Some of the numbers weren't listening like the "5" says "Five" softer, the "9" says "Eleven" and the "17" is tired and sleepy.
46) Grover and a kid count up to 20
47) A cartoon about a face telling about his mind
48) Traffic Light film
49) Big Bird reads the short story then the really long story
50) Who Are You Looking At the Tiger?
51) Basketball players doing basketball stunts
52) the "2" train
53) Three animated cuckoo birds say "CUCKOO!" three times as they pop out of the clock when it's almost three
54) the dots skit from episode #1

Oh, many memories...

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
God, I wish I could go back to the Museum...there are a few episodes I didn't get to watch (#560, the Barkley/Woof-Woof episode, and the Maria/Luis wedding episode are three that I didn't see...). But I wish the Museum would find a way to get more episodes...

ssetta

Reaction score
Now I am assuming that episode #560 had some kind of credit crawl. Can you please describe it?

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
the museum

I always assumed the Museum of TV & Radio had *every* episode of Sesame Street. Is this not correct?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
No, it's not correct in the slightest. There's only about two dozen episodes at the Museum...there are about 4000 episodes of Sesame Street that have been made...

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
oh wow

I wonder if every episode exists in any one place? For instance, at CTW headquarters or something like that? I never thought it possible that the Museum wouldn't have every episode, but I guess I was naive. LoL

mikealan

Reaction score
I have a question...

Do you guys think that Sam the Robot is on any episode of SESAME STREET in the Museum Of Television and Radio?