Sesame Street Unpaved off Noggin...

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
This just in: DirecTV corrected their schedule for May 13-16; SSU is not airing on those days. (Somehow, I presume the Monday (May 12) schedule got duplicated across the following days.) So I guess SSU is now alternating with season 25 every other Monday.

ssetta

Reaction score
That's a possibility. She did say once a month for each.

ssetta

Reaction score
Guess what! I just looked at my tape of them, and they were BOTH Season 30!! What's with THAT? But you know, and probably may not care, I think they're phasing out Season 30 as well, because now they have Season 31.

I know that when Noggin first came on in 1999, they did keep repeating the same episodes for 3 years, or more. I don't think the original plan was to keep repeating the same 65 shows over and over. I think they WERE going to get 65 more shows, so they would have a total of 130, but it never happened. This goes for The Electric Company, Sesame Street Unpaved, and MAYBE 123 Sesame Street. They only had half of Season 25, so maybe they would have gotten the other half. But it never happened. See, I think they changed their mind when they realized that it wasn't going very well, because it was old, and it doesn't have Elmo's World.

All those old shows such as Sesame Street Unpaved, The Electric Company, Square One TV, 3-2-1 Contact, they were basically just filler shows, because they didn't have any new shows. Even after a year, they started to cut back on that old stuff. I think they were basically an added bonus for us early subscribers. See, when Noggin first came on the air, practically nobody had it, or had even heard of it. But the popularity of Noggin is really growing, and more and more people are watching it, and they don't like those old shows. Still, not everybody has Noggin, because a lot of people don't get digital cable, because it is very expensive. But even if they do, not every digital cable system carries it. Have you ever heard of a big cable company called "Cox Communications?" They are in a number of different parts of the country such as Rhode Island and Connecticut. They don't have Noggin! I asked someone there why they are practically the only ones left who don't have Noggin, and the rep had never even heard of it. I'm sure that like other cable channels, Noggin may actually go basic sometime, but I don't know.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, it does seem like it has once again been decreased from once every week to once every 2 weeks. They are really phasing it out very quickly. Let's see, it was on once every week for about 3 months is all. It will probably gone by next year at the latest. I think the next thing they may do is decrease it down to once a month, and then once every 2 months, then maybe even 3, 4, 5, but it will get to the point where they will have taken it off completely. I actually like the way they're phasing it out by decreasing it SLOWLY. And I am not at all saying that I don't think they should keep it, I'm just saying that it's better than, say, going from 5 times a day to none at all. That would have been even worse. But I think we all know that it will be gone pretty soon. And that's important. And when it's gone, I will die and go up to heaven with the old Sesame Street.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Guess what! I just looked at my tape of them, and they were BOTH Season 30!! What's with THAT? But you know, and probably may not care, I think they're phasing out Season 30 as well, because now they have Season 31.

I know that when Noggin first came on in 1999, they did keep repeating the same episodes for 3 years, or more. I don't think the original plan was to keep repeating the same 65 shows over and over. I think they WERE going to get 65 more shows, so they would have a total of 130, but it never happened. This goes for The Electric Company, Sesame Street Unpaved, and MAYBE 123 Sesame Street. They only had half of Season 25, so maybe they would have gotten the other half. But it never happened. See, I think they changed their mind when they realized that it wasn't going very well, because it was old, and it doesn't have Elmo's World.

All those old shows such as Sesame Street Unpaved, The Electric Company, Square One TV, 3-2-1 Contact, they were basically just filler shows, because they didn't have any new shows. Even after a year, they started to cut back on that old stuff. I think they were basically an added bonus for us early subscribers. See, when Noggin first came on the air, practically nobody had it, or had even heard of it. But the popularity of Noggin is really growing, and more and more people are watching it, and they don't like those old shows. Still, not everybody has Noggin, because a lot of people don't get digital cable, because it is very expensive. But even if they do, not every digital cable system carries it. Have you ever heard of a big cable company called "Cox Communications?" They are in a number of different parts of the country such as Rhode Island and Connecticut. They don't have Noggin! I asked someone there why they are practically the only ones left who don't have Noggin, and the rep had never even heard of it. I'm sure that like other cable channels, Noggin may actually go basic sometime, but I don't know.
i read on some site that theese shows attracted many older people who grew up on theeese shows. i don't know if there were enough of them but even though Noggin is a kids netowrk, maybe they should of considered airing theese shows once in a while instead of everyday or every week. even before Noggin i thought about reruns of PBS shows whether kidshows or others on PBS shows being shown on an irreagular basis.