Sesame Street: We All Sing Together

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
i hope im allowed to post things like this...i guess if im not, phil will just blow me out of the water, right...?

anyways, i was just looking on amazon at some of the sesame street videos available and came across this review..

'Sesame Street - We All Sing Together (1969)
Reviewer: A viewer from South Portland, ME USA
A very disappointing video. One or two good songs but the rest are so outdated you will laugh. The images of little kids dressed in 70s apparal alone is enough for this to be redone. Considering it came out in 1994, this looks like a rush to video production rather than a well planned one like is usually the case from these folks. Avoid it.'

perhaps she should have got her child something less dissapointing like pokemon or whatever else kids like these days.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Yup, they're right. Wipe all nostalgic things off the face of the earth. Why look back? Everything's just getting better anyway! No need for memories. Whew! (Is there an official Smiley I can put here for "Sarcasm"?)

later
eric

gbrobeck

Reaction score
It's reviews like that that keep vintage material off the market. ::sigh::

Greg

ssetta

Reaction score
Exactly. Sadly, there are parents who think that anything from when they were little is dated, but I don't agree. But I think this video was mostly songs in films. Film actually gets dated more than anything else, because of the clothing styles. They actually phased out old films from the 70s before they phased out anything else. So back when this video was made, they were still using old films.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
i hope im allowed to post things like this...i guess if im not, phil will just blow me out of the water, right...?

anyways, i was just looking on amazon at some of the sesame street videos available and came across this review..

A very disappointing video. One or two good songs but the rest are so outdated you will laugh. The images of little kids dressed in 70s apparal alone is enough for this to be redone. Considering it came out in 1994, this looks like a rush to video production rather than a well planned one like is usually the case from these folks. Avoid it.'

perhaps she should have got her child something less dissapointing like pokemon or whatever else kids like these days.
just because something's old doesn't mean it's bad. plus it's nice to look back at the past. as for smy, if your gonna wipe off all nostalgic things, why bother having a site like this to talk about old SS?

Drtooth

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:

The well though out ones where they just slap together Elmo's World episodes? that kind of well done? Pfffttt.... people like this overzealous fool are the reason why they keep all the wonderful classic stuff underwraps and show crap like "His J.... Her J" and ... err... there was this God awful non-sesame style song they had on this season... looked like a rush job.

I guess she never watched it as a kid, and just thinks of SS as a kid's show to park her little brat under while she does greedy stuff for herself!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now here's the kind of review we all love to hear!

Diversity - Sesame Style, February 13, 2003
Reviewer: Michele S. Hays (see more about me) from Evanston, IL United States In a recent interview, Sonia Manzano (Maria) said she didn't realize until she was touring that many people in the US had never seen a Latino other than on Sesame Street.

As a half-Latin Midwesterner who grew up in the '70s, I can attest that this aspect of Sesame Street made a big difference in my life. This video is all about this wonderful side of Sesame Street.

Herry Monster anchors a "Monster Report" about kids, which cuts to a series of song clips like "Skin," "Fixing My Hair," and "Faces;" and then bring things back around to show Gladys the Cow and Buster the Horse singing "Different Yet the Same" and rounds it all off with "We All Sing With the Same Voice" Terrific handling of a touchy subject.

My toddler loves this video, and I do, too - and it has Elmo in it for the diehards. It's out of print - buy it if you can find it!
SNiiifff.... now this guy knows what he's talking about... Miss uptight Maine woman. :stick_out_tongue:

Hays

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
SNiiifff.... now this guy knows what he's talking about... Miss uptight Maine woman. :stick_out_tongue:
Shucks, guys - I'm all verklempt :flirt:

Hays

Reaction score
PS, guys - Amazon will (clearly) let pretty much anybody write a review of anything - Your best bet to get attention paid to the vintage videos is to write one yourself! They usually appear in chronological order, with the most recent at the top. I've seen many reviewers write in to agree or disagree with a previous reviewer. Also, you can rate existing reviews - which only helps when people sort by rating, but its something.