1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Workshop launches video.sesameworkshop.org

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Erine81981, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Unfortunately, I don't think you can. I guess that's ONE disadvantage. But hey, you can watch them whenever you want on the site.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I do understand why they don't want people to download them. But if that's the case, hehe, I hope they keep them up! :)
  3. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I just discovered this site. AMAZING! I really love how you can search for other videos and it really doesn't interfere with the video playing or make it lag in any way. My computer isn't the greatest but I had no problems watching these videos right away. GREAT website, great job!

The only thing I've noticed is that there are alot of really old clips, and really new ones, but alot of ones that I remember that are sort of in-between (from approx. 20 years ago) I don't see up there yet. Maybe I will request them in the feedback form.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Hey. it took me years to get over Hebrew Pinball Number Count. :crazy:
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I've noticed that if you click on a picture of a character, as seen at the top of the page, the first sketch listed automatically plays, but if you just type in a keyword, the first listed sketch doens't automatically play. This is bad if you are watching and searching at the same time. I've forgotten about this a few times when I've clicked on the character pictures, and what I was watching suddenly swithced to the first sketch listed.

It seems like there's only one clip that appears if I type in "Simon Soundman", but if I just click "Simon", there are a few more clips.

Tough Pigs currently has an article about this website. It points out that the site currently doens't have anything with Roosevelt Franklin, Don Music, or Sam the Robot, thinking that maybe Sesame Workshop doesn't want to show clips with discontinued characters (but then while there is no Don Music banging his head, there's Alistar Cookie eating his pipe?), but the site does have clips with plenty of discontinued characters, like Sherlock Hemlock, Placedo Flamingo, Forgetful Jones, Herbert Birdsfoot, and The Salesman.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The key word is currently. I'm sure if they yeild enough requests, they will in time have plenty of videos featuring those specific characters.

Plus, with the pipe, Cookie is not actually smoking it, so it could easily translate as a prop. Which is the only reason why they got away with it. If Bubbles came out of that thing, there'd be no problem.

Oh. And thanks for the tip off on Sherlock. I found 2 Cavemen days segments featuring him already.
  7. I saw a few videos the other day. It was great!

But I'm curious about some thing - some times when I watch the videos, the quality seems really low and at other times it is high (perfect quality). Right now it is low. Is it my computer's fault? Because the other day, it was high quality.
  8. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

It's so cool to have Grover doing an intro about it. BTW What do they mean by the Beta Version?
  9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

It means that there still working out some of the quarks.
  10. Kuriboh Man

But still this is so Awsmome!:) :) :)
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

As i was looking again. I found a clip i thought i would never find. It's Oscar singing "I Hate Christmas" from "Christmas Eve On Sesame Street." Pretty cool to see that on there.

Also got to see the Grover clip that Kuriboh was talking about. At first when i read this i thought he ment the pic you see of Grover before you click on a video. But that is cool to see Grover intro on there. Neato!
  12. Kuriboh Man

Plus you can see some of the Lefty sketches. I love the theme they play when he enters.
  13. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Me too! I also love when he sez "Hey Bud" and "Riiiiiight".
  14. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Looks site the site's having some problems tonight.
  15. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

How do you mean? It seems okay to me. Then again, it is my first time.

Well, after hearing all the hipe, I finally had the time, and remembered to check out this site. It's fantastic! I like Youtube just fine, but this seems even easier to use! The best thing to happen to SS fans since Old School started coming out!
    :)
    :D
  16. Kuriboh Man

They have some of the funniest Ernie and Bert Sketches too. especially some of the Guy Smiley ones.
  17. Hilleyb

Hilleyb New Member

Those Christmas clips weren't there in the first few days. They're new.
  18. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

See, they're already adding more stuff as time goes on!
  19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I know. It's so cool to see clip that are being added as we speak. Neato!
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member