Sesame Workshop launches video.sesameworkshop.org

ssetta

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think you can. I guess that's ONE disadvantage. But hey, you can watch them whenever you want on the site.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I do understand why they don't want people to download them. But if that's the case, hehe, I hope they keep them up! :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I just discovered this site. AMAZING! I really love how you can search for other videos and it really doesn't interfere with the video playing or make it lag in any way. My computer isn't the greatest but I had no problems watching these videos right away. GREAT website, great job!

The only thing I've noticed is that there are alot of really old clips, and really new ones, but alot of ones that I remember that are sort of in-between (from approx. 20 years ago) I don't see up there yet. Maybe I will request them in the feedback form.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that if you click on a picture of a character, as seen at the top of the page, the first sketch listed automatically plays, but if you just type in a keyword, the first listed sketch doens't automatically play. This is bad if you are watching and searching at the same time. I've forgotten about this a few times when I've clicked on the character pictures, and what I was watching suddenly swithced to the first sketch listed.

It seems like there's only one clip that appears if I type in "Simon Soundman", but if I just click "Simon", there are a few more clips.

Tough Pigs currently has an article about this website. It points out that the site currently doens't have anything with Roosevelt Franklin, Don Music, or Sam the Robot, thinking that maybe Sesame Workshop doesn't want to show clips with discontinued characters (but then while there is no Don Music banging his head, there's Alistar Cookie eating his pipe?), but the site does have clips with plenty of discontinued characters, like Sherlock Hemlock, Placedo Flamingo, Forgetful Jones, Herbert Birdsfoot, and The Salesman.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tough Pigs currently has an article about this website. It points out that the site currently doens't have anything with Roosevelt Franklin, Don Music, or Sam the Robot, thinking that maybe Sesame Workshop doesn't want to show clips with discontinued characters (but then while there is no Don Music banging his head, there's Alistar Cookie eating his pipe?), but the site does have clips with plenty of discontinued characters, like Sherlock Hemlock, Placedo Flamingo, Forgetful Jones, Herbert Birdsfoot, and The Salesman.
The key word is currently. I'm sure if they yeild enough requests, they will in time have plenty of videos featuring those specific characters.

Plus, with the pipe, Cookie is not actually smoking it, so it could easily translate as a prop. Which is the only reason why they got away with it. If Bubbles came out of that thing, there'd be no problem.

Oh. And thanks for the tip off on Sherlock. I found 2 Cavemen days segments featuring him already.

CookieCountDawn

Reaction score
I saw a few videos the other day. It was great!

But I'm curious about some thing - some times when I watch the videos, the quality seems really low and at other times it is high (perfect quality). Right now it is low. Is it my computer's fault? Because the other day, it was high quality.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
It's so cool to have Grover doing an intro about it. BTW What do they mean by the Beta Version?