Sesame Workshop to develop new channel with Comcast, HIT

mikebennidict

Reaction score
interesting. a wonder if my sattelite provider would carry it. would it even charge more for it. i still live at home so i'm sort of fortunate. if i din't i probbaly wouldn't even have sattelite tv since i don't watch it TV very often.

beaker

Reaction score
Cheebo said:
Wow, just wow. Fraggle Rock (hopefully) AND Sesame Street? This is a Muppet fans dream come true. If its indeed 24 hours then that means late night Sesame Unpaved....maybe.
ya forgot about the hoobs too! tis very cool...sadly any muppet show stuff like muppet babies, muppet show, muppet movies, muppets tonight, etc will be MIA. I blame it all on EM.tv and Eisner. but yeah, Fraggle Rock needs to be back on cable, pronto.

The Storyteller

Reaction score
Comcast owns E!, and it's on DirecTV, Dish Satellite, Time Warner, FOXTEL, Adelphia, Comcast, and every other satellite/cable provider! :confused: So it will more than likly be carred on others, if they want the channel to make money! :smile: I have DirecTV! :smile:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't thinking about that, surprisingly. Comcast has majority stakes in E! and Style (along with Disney) and also majority stakes in Outdoor Life Network and The Golf Channel.

So it wouldn't even make sense for this network to be only available on Comcast systems, especially since PBS, HIT, and Sesame would want this venture to be profitable and seen nationwide, not just in selected cities.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, that is true. But there are certain digital channels, like G4, that are ONLY available on Comcast. And also, not even every Comcast system will carry it. But you are right. Because as you may know, many areas now have more than one cable provider. My area does. I mean, I hope my area gets this channel, because I am ALREADY very excited. :smile:

furryfella

Reaction score
I Hope mY cable company gets the channel!! IT will be nice too see what SS shows or seasons they will show & hopefully they will show more than Noggin did!

The Storyteller

Reaction score
I get G4 and I have DirecTV! :eek: I don't get why PBS would want another cable kids channel? They already have PBS Kids! :confused:

ssetta

Reaction score
So, I get the impression that this new channel is 24 hours of preschool programming. And also, keep in mind that that PBS Kids channel has NO SS AT ALL!!! I wonder why!! So, somehow, I'm not so sure that this will have old programming like Sesame Street Unpaved. :frown:

ssetta

Reaction score
I wasn't able to view it. I don't have an account. :frown: