1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame's 35th season kicks off with a prime-time special

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Sesame Street's 35th season kicks off with a prime time special

Sesame Street season 35 will kick off with a prime-time special on Sunday April 4. Elmo will relive the past 35 years going back in time to the most historic moments on the street.

There is a ton of other new info including a huge list of celebrities and parodies for season 35.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/011304.shtml

Reply and let us know what you think about all the latest news.
  2. gbrobeck

gbrobeck Member

The premise of the special sounds very interesting.... Elmo learning about the street on which he lives.... he could find out some interesting historical facts (like about Mr. Hooper whom Elmo never met).

Greg
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Ooh! Sounds great! I cant wait to see it!

see ya
  4. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Yay, I can't wait. Hopefully, Kermit will make a cameo. :)
  5. jeffkjoe

jeffkjoe New Member

Somehow I doubt they'll show anything from 1969-1976

It's not like they'll say:

And remember when Gordon went through three transformations???
  6. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

It worked for Michael Jackson...hey yo! But seriously, I'm looking forward to it, as long as Elmo is not irritating.
  7. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Well, maybe it won't be too bad, but it's not like we'll get to see any old clips.
  8. You know, reading that aritcle. I realized that Sesame Street is getting closer and closer back into it's old format by season. I mean:

Season 33: Format 100% changed, no more skits except on "Journey To Ernie".
    Season 34: Skits occur more often including a Bip Bippadotta skit!
    Season 35: Most likey more skits, MORE PARODYS!!!! Need I say more?

See what I mean?

Hopefully, we could be back to the format we know and love by about season 37 to 38.
  9. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

Ok, I cringed when I saw that a special would focus on Elmo... but having the character who is the focus of SS today learning to appreciate the full scope of the history and diversity of the street, sounds like a very positive use of character
  10. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

Well they wouldn't say that, since Gordon only went through two transformations:

1st transformation: Gordon 1 ===> Gordon 2
    2nd transformation: Gordon 2 ===> Gordon 3

Cherry "yes, I learned to count on Sesame Street" Pizza
  11. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

WOOOOWWW!!!This sounds cool!!!

Anyone know which SS Muppets are going to be in the tv special????
  12. Well:
    Elmo
    Grover

I just hope they have :sympathy: in it ("9 lights!")
  13. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

..what about Ernie, Bert, Oscar, Big Bird, Cookie, etc..? are they going to be in it too?
  14. Amazing Mumford

Amazing Mumford New Member

I'm sure they will be. At the least, they'll be in several old skits/flashbacks. This special sounds like it could be very nostalgic and fun. I'm so looking forward to it!!
  15. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I'm really looking forward to this special as well. Here's hoping that they use some nice rare older clips to satisfy the nostalgia of folks like us...

:)
  16. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

We don't even know if there will be a season 37. :(
  17. Does anyone know if Elmo will come BACK from the adventure to the past? I couldn't think of a happier ending... :D :halo:
  18. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I wish I could see this!
  19. Ryan

Ryan New Member

:rolleyes:
  20. Deadwall

Deadwall New Member

Maybe It Is My Imagination... but...

You know... maybe I'm just a loon, but I've been watching SS more and more lately (since my kids are at that age and I am introducing them to the muppets, like any good father should) and I've noticed that the writers focus more on one or two characters per episode, and it could be just a quick blip or cameo from the likes of Big Bird, Oscar, Ernie, etc. Usually the character focused on is Elmo, or Tele, or Baby Bear.

Back in the day, correct me if I am wrong, I remember a more well balanced SS, where each character would be sure to make at least one appearance for a good solid minute or two. Am I wrong? :grouchy:

What do you think?