Sesame's 35th season kicks off with a prime-time special

muppet maniac

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since The 35th Season of Sesame Street Starts on Monday April 5th,They will release a couple of retired short shows on DVD which includes:
Sing,Hoot,and Howl(1991)
Fiesta(1998)

and The newest DVD that I never heard of is What's The Name of That Song.

All of These DVD's I listed are going to be released on Tuesday April 6th
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow.That's great!Thanks for posting the info!

char

Reaction score
As far as the hour-long intro/special....yes...there's gonna be lots of old clips...the script is awesome...you'll laugh, you'll cry...the parodies are going to be awesome...and Trash Gordon is FABULOUS...get excited! :excited:

Dantecat

Reaction score
ARE ANY EPISODES GOING TO HAVE OLD CLIPS??? WHEN DO YOU THINK THE CLASSIC SESAME STREET EPISODES ARE GOING TO BE RELEASED ON DVD CHAR? I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
As far as the hour-long intro/special....yes...there's gonna be lots of old clips...the script is awesome...you'll laugh, you'll cry...the parodies are going to be awesome...and Trash Gordon is FABULOUS...get excited!
How faboulous? Will it be about Oscar fighting bad guys with.....trash? hee hee....(just kidding)

Censored

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
What really sells the entire show to me is the "parodies"

I mean, the parodies are the real thing that will jog the show back to shape! They may be current ones like Spongebob and Dr. Phil, but the only thing that came close to parody this season was Cookie Hood and Cookie Monster singing a parody of "Ain't it a beautiul morning".

I'm a satire nut. I write parodies, I read Mad Magazine. Heck, My CD collection is mostly "weird Al"!

Things are definately shaping up for season 35!!!

The song parodies are cool, but I actually preferred the way they used to have the Muppets sing regular songs. In the early seasons, there were no changes in the lyrics, but they would invent crazy scenarios to go with then popular songs like, "Yellow Submarine", "Spinning Wheel", "Beautiful Balloon", "Lulu's Back In Town", etc.

Censored

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Somehow I doubt they'll show anything from 1969-1976

It's not like they'll say:

And remember when Gordon went through three transformations???
Where there's a will, there's a way.

One possibility: They could only show scenes from 1969-1976 that did not
have Gordon in them.

Another possibility: They could show the different Gordons with the explanation that he was hanging around with the Amazing Mumford who kept changing Gordon's appearance with magic.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Lol. That would be good, but I would like to see some kind of documentary style program where they really explain that it was three different actors playing Gordon as well as the history of the show, but then again, I guess these are things little kids wouldn't understand. Also keep in mind, that in early sketches they also probably won't show the original dopey Big Bird or the orange Oscar.

By the way, wasn't it 1974 when Roscoe started playing Gordon? :confused:

Censored

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Lol. That would be good, but I would like to see some kind of documentary style program where they really explain that it was three different actors playing Gordon as well as the history of the show, but then again, I guess these are things little kids wouldn't understand. Also keep in mind, that in early sketches they also probably won't show the original dopey Big Bird or the orange Oscar.

Oscar's appearance would be even easier to explain as it could simply be said that his fur was dyed orange at that time. As for Big Bird, I'm not sure the differences were dramatic enough to warrant a real explanation. True, he was thinner and dopier, but the essence was the same. Remember, in the sentimental Ernie and Bert sketch, "Things That I Remember", they showed old scenes of Ernie and Bert with different appearances, especially Bert who had a much longer nose in some flashbacks.

They did have some kind of Sesame Street documentary a couple of years ago when some of the humans and Caroll Spinney were on the street, out of character, discussing the show with old flashbacks. There were no details about the different Gordons or anything like that though.

Censored

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yes, I believe that is the actual year.

char

Reaction score
as far as i remember, there'll only be older clips in the primetime special :frown: ...and as far as the fabulous-ness of Trash Gordon...soon you will see :wink: