1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

SesameStreet.org to be launched June 1st

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by ssetta, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Okay, I have recently heard about this upcoming new website called SesameStreet.org. I have been told that one of the things it will accomplish is something that we have all dreamed of for years now. Apparently, it will have Video On Demand, where you can watch segments online. I was told it actually WILL have old ones. I don't know if it will feature entire episodes, but I do hope it does. This has been available within the company for quite awhile now, but they're finally making it public. And you know the really cool thing? I think they actually got this idea from YouTube. See, several people (including some of you guys!) were uploading their classic material, and they got the hits. So, I think they are finally starting to realize that they have our audience. It took them long enough. But isn't this great!
  2. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

wow.. that has the potential to be really awesome :D
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That would be very cool! I'll keep a look out around June.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

What about the current sesamestreet.com?
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I'm guessing that they'll still keep it D'Snowth.

But what great news this is! It just sounds to good for words right now!
  6. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

This had better not be an early April Fool's Day joke, ssetta. . . :) Thanks for letting us know! As anytimepally said, there definitely is a potential for great things here.

What would REALLY be cool would be if we could somehow search for specific skits or episodes by inputting keywords or numbers into a search engine. I may be dreaming at this point, but that would be quite helpful. With news of Electric Company episodes on iTunes, it sounds like Sesame Workshop is trying to meet the demands of fans through the Internet more and more. Sounds good to me!

===================================================

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, I think it shoud be user frendly and easy to use and navigate your way through.
  8. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Hey, my birthday is on June 1, so this will be like a present to me. And ironically, for April Fools Day I had considered starting a thread about a similar news item. I had planned on saying that I sent some e-mail to Sesame Workshop involving the first Old School release, and was subsequently told that Sesame Workshop was planning on including entire episodes of Sesame Street, The Electric Company, and Square One TV on it's official site, including at least 20 episodes of each show (the first three weeks of all shows, plus five extra weeks worth of Square One Episodes, 24 additional Electric Company episodes, and 30 additional Sesame Street episodes from the early 1970s). I also planned on saying that the site would include the original version of the pitch reel (according to Muppet Wiki, there were differences between this and the version shown on DVD, including a different ending), the first two test pilots, Out to Lunch, audition footage for the first Sesame Street Live show, and over 60 individual segments from Sesame Street, The Electric Company, and Square One TV (that's 60 segments per show).

Of course, I had forgotten about this planned prank until now. I had the idea weeks ago.
  9. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

I'm praying that this news is not a joke either--or worse yet, a scam started by some guy who bought the domain hoping to lure fans to an unrelated site. (If this is a scam, the buyer ought to get his pants sued off by Sesame Workshop.) I'll be checking out the site when June rolls around, to see whether or not ssetta is trying to April Fool us all. *crosses her fingers on both hands*
  10. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

I don't think he'd lie about this. Believe me, he's not good at fooling people. ;)
  11. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

Just to make sure I don't get caught in a hoax, I passed ssetta's message on to Sesame Workshop with the following introduction. Hope to hear from them ASAP...

12. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Did you give them my name or anything??
  13. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

No name, just mentioned that I'd seen the message posted on this board and wanted confirmation from the guys who ought to know. I apologize if I upset you... :o
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

So is this an April Fools or what?

I mean, it sounds like a great idea for all the clips to be available legally from their website. No more worrying about Youtube pulling everything off...
  15. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

No, it was not an April Fool. It was real. I just wasn't paying close attention. But rather than just clips, I really hope it will include complete episodes.
  16. sesameguy

sesameguy Member

Me too! Although even having just clips would be quite amazing, assuming it was a large enough library of clips to choose from. We'll just have to wait & see how it all turns out.
  17. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

Sseeta, a simple "I do not know if it will include complete episodes" would've been enough.
  18. zns

zns Active Member

If not full episodes, those cliwil hopefully be good. We'll find out in June.
  19. ISNorden

ISNorden Active Member

You and me both...I also hope that Sesame Workshop gets enough permission from the celebrities who appeared on old shows, to include the episodes as they aired years ago. None of this replacing Stevie Wonder's performances with Grover counting chin-ups...:(
  20. gbrobeck

gbrobeck Member

I realize I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but has anyone heard anything else about this site? It's June 1st and it hasn't launched. In fact there is no evidence that it's going to anytime soon--no press releases or anything like that.

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.