SesameStreet.org to be launched June 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssetta

Reaction score
Okay, I have recently heard about this upcoming new website called SesameStreet.org. I have been told that one of the things it will accomplish is something that we have all dreamed of for years now. Apparently, it will have Video On Demand, where you can watch segments online. I was told it actually WILL have old ones. I don't know if it will feature entire episodes, but I do hope it does. This has been available within the company for quite awhile now, but they're finally making it public. And you know the really cool thing? I think they actually got this idea from YouTube. See, several people (including some of you guys!) were uploading their classic material, and they got the hits. So, I think they are finally starting to realize that they have our audience. It took them long enough. But isn't this great!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That would be very cool! I'll keep a look out around June.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm guessing that they'll still keep it D'Snowth.

But what great news this is! It just sounds to good for words right now!

sesameguy

Reaction score
This had better not be an early April Fool's Day joke, ssetta. . . :smile: Thanks for letting us know! As anytimepally said, there definitely is a potential for great things here.

What would REALLY be cool would be if we could somehow search for specific skits or episodes by inputting keywords or numbers into a search engine. I may be dreaming at this point, but that would be quite helpful. With news of Electric Company episodes on iTunes, it sounds like Sesame Workshop is trying to meet the demands of fans through the Internet more and more. Sounds good to me!

===================================================

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I think it shoud be user frendly and easy to use and navigate your way through.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hey, my birthday is on June 1, so this will be like a present to me. And ironically, for April Fools Day I had considered starting a thread about a similar news item. I had planned on saying that I sent some e-mail to Sesame Workshop involving the first Old School release, and was subsequently told that Sesame Workshop was planning on including entire episodes of Sesame Street, The Electric Company, and Square One TV on it's official site, including at least 20 episodes of each show (the first three weeks of all shows, plus five extra weeks worth of Square One Episodes, 24 additional Electric Company episodes, and 30 additional Sesame Street episodes from the early 1970s). I also planned on saying that the site would include the original version of the pitch reel (according to Muppet Wiki, there were differences between this and the version shown on DVD, including a different ending), the first two test pilots, Out to Lunch, audition footage for the first Sesame Street Live show, and over 60 individual segments from Sesame Street, The Electric Company, and Square One TV (that's 60 segments per show).

Of course, I had forgotten about this planned prank until now. I had the idea weeks ago.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I'm praying that this news is not a joke either--or worse yet, a scam started by some guy who bought the domain hoping to lure fans to an unrelated site. (If this is a scam, the buyer ought to get his pants sued off by Sesame Workshop.) I'll be checking out the site when June rolls around, to see whether or not ssetta is trying to April Fool us all. *crosses her fingers on both hands*

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I'm praying that this news is not a joke either--or worse yet, a scam started by some guy who bought the domain hoping to lure fans to an unrelated site. (If this is a scam, the buyer ought to get his pants sued off by Sesame Workshop.) I'll be checking out the site when June rolls around, to see whether or not ssetta is trying to April Fool us all. *crosses her fingers on both hands*
I don't think he'd lie about this. Believe me, he's not good at fooling people. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.