Severe weather in Australia

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Today has been a day with wild weather, the wind here has been so strong. We live in an area surrounded by trees so whenever there is strong wind I hide under the table, lol. A stick once feel from a very high tree and penetrated the roof, it was going that fast.

The winds have been so strong today that a huge branch from one of our trees fell onto our neighbours house, breaking part of their roof, thankfully nothing else. There is debris everwhere here, mainly just leaves and bits of branches and sticks.

The power went off tonight also and only came on about an hour ago thank goodness, we have been lucky as many places in Sydney are still without power and will stay that way for a few days. Trees have fallen across roads also.

It would be nothing in comparison to some of the weather in the US and other parts of the world though, I know some of you can get extremely strong winds and tornadoes etc. and bad storms like our friend Kevin had a few months ago.

I just thought I had better let you know incase the power goes off again so you wont all worry about me too much, lol. :stick_out_tongue:
from,
Paul :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hope everything goes well. It's good to hear you're okay, and, keep us posted! er, if the power doesn't go out again.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Glad to hear everything was fine!! You know, we had those wild storms back on July 22, and then last friday night we had MORE bad winds that took down some more trees that were still weak from the previous storm. The first storm a friend of mine had family down from Ohio; this past friday another friend had folks down from St. Louis--storms on both cases. I told them they shouldn't let Northern family come down to Memphis to visit anymore!!

Well, it's the only correlation I could find!

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
golly, happy your ok! we must have missed the worst of it in canberra, not too many trees went down but our backyards are totally flooded!
:wink:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
golly, happy your ok! we must have missed the worst of it in canberra, not too many trees went down but our backyards are totally flooded!
:wink:
What a surprise to see someone from Canberra here! Are you new? I can't believe I missed you when you arrived.

I lived in Canberra all my life up until about 1997 and I was born there also. Its nice to see someone here from Canberra and even an Australian is a nice surprise.

Have you been to my website? It is going to be much more coming, theres stuff waiting to go online now.

:smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
All that excitement and I forgot to say sorry to hear that your backyard is flooded, Hope all is ok!

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
hiya cobber! *sniggers* yeah were all fine and dandy, soo glad to have the rain though!! im not looking forward to those water restrictions coming into effect... :mad:

i was just looking at an old thread of some of the oz muppet fans here, geez there arent many of us are there! but its nice to know im not the only jim fan on this burg, glad to make your aquaintence. :smirk:

ooh, i havent been to your website yet, ill make sure i drop in asap! seems like all i do at the moment is surf around in here, heee...