1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sharp object

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by FUZZYRED, Oct 31, 2011.

1. FUZZYRED

FUZZYRED Member

Hey guy, Im building elmo right now using one of project puppet. Im in stress (But I do not give up) when I cut the fur and end of fur pile come off and make a mess that I cannot focus on build. So PLEASE tell me what you use to cut the fur and wont come off. REMEMBER I LIVE IN AUSTRAILA.
  2. Gerbert

Gerbert Member

Not trying to be sarcastic, But did you try Scissors? o.o
  3. FUZZYRED

FUZZYRED Member

I did use fabric scissors but still fur come off. Plus I use Spotlight fur.
  4. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Cut it from the back with an x-acto knife, do not use scissors on fur or you will get a mess to clean up! :)
  5. FUZZYRED

FUZZYRED Member

Thank Animal31, I will try but where can I buy x-acto knife in Austraila?
  6. propologist

propologist Member

You can all so use a craft knife or a razor blade. you can buy them from a craft store or a hardware suppler (were you buy home building supplies).