1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Sheepdog" Fur

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Rowlfy, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Rowlfy

Rowlfy Member

Hi, I have some characters who are sheepdogs or who have shaggy fur. Does anybody know where I can get shaggy "fur" fabric? (I'm looking for a cream colored fur and a very dark brown, specifically).
    Thanks!

Rowlfy,
    from the Gone to the Dogs crew.
  2. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

Try either Distinctive Fabric or Fabric Empire, both will send you swatches so you can see them for yourself first, I think it is $1.00 a swatch?
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Mendel's also has some long, shaggy fur in various colors. They'll send up to five swatches for free.
  4. Rowlfy

Rowlfy Member

Wow! Thanks for you help! I like the Mendel's Off-White and Copper.
  5. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I think you can get most furs at a JoAnn Fabrics Store as far as I know!
  6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Fabric.com has some good furs, and at lower prices than at Mendel's. I don't think they have quite as huge a variety, though. Still, worth a look.