SHOCKER: Why Kermit Swamp Years dvd rocks!

beaker

Reaction score
This is definately a Henson Headline...KErmit Swamp Years dvd rocks!

I finally broke down and bought KSY on dvd, not expecting much. I just need to say your one reason to buy this dvd:
Joe The Armadillo! Wow. I'll get to that newfound gem lately...
but here is my point by point breakdown why this has to be the best Muppet dvd of the year to own:

*The best part of this dvd is the behind the scenes featurette and the blooper reels. Joe the Armadillo is without a doubt the best new loveable Muppet since Mo Frackle and Pepe. While Joe isnt even in the film itself, he no doubt steals the dvd.

*The cameos! I'll give ya the straight lowdown, it's nothing
earth shattering, but the cameos there are great. While the pet store could have provided more cameo possibilities...
We get PENGUINS!(Being one of my fave continual aspects of Muppetdom, I was very pleased by this, especially since I hadnt read they were in it!) retro Statler and Waldorf, Foo Foo, various Bunny Picnic cameos as well.

*Loved the music video! MY fave part of the actual movie. Pure gold, and *gasp* EDGY! IT had the ornate avant garde look of one of those strange MTV videos.(especially the lighting and look of it)

*Loved Kermit's Swedish Chef impersonation! One of the best parts of the blooper reel.

*Liked the nods to Breakfast Club and other movies, along with the references to Jerry Juhl, goelz, and Sam and Friends.

*Real sets! Wow...could this dvd be any more crystal clear! It's like you're right there! You can really appreciate what went into the arduous task of filming in a real live swamp.

*Not since Muppets@WDW have we seen much of Kermit's home life on the swamp or family...Heck some of KSY was filmed at Walt Disney World!

Now my absolute I was almost on the floor crying with laughter part: Joe The Armadillo and the backstage behind the scenes thing. The Mr. Sockity sock puppet thing, Bill Barretta trying to go to the bathroom, Joe keep on calling people 'Joe', and the 'Best Boy' thing(very remenescent of Tom Green) PURE GOLD!

There was even some cultural acknowlegements in a non stereotypical way. We had two old Jewsih heckler turtles(possibly a Statler and Waldorf nod) and what's this...Roy Frog, possibly the first gay Muppet?

The chemistry on the film is top notch for most of it. Even the psuedo bad guys like vicki are likeable. I really disliked the biology lab scenes, and some of th ehuman acting(isnt that always the case with Muppet films?) but then I thought they were a bit too disturbing for a Muppet kid's film. The tons of nods to TMM were great. Overall KSY itself is entertaining, and far from the attrocious film even I was starting to believe with all the bad reviews. It genuinely feels like a small companion piece to TMM, an additonal 'gaiden' or backstory. Maybe even a bit Coen Bros.' 'Oh Kermit Where Art Thou' meets Stand By Me.

And that interview with Kermit...just another golden example of why we love our frog.

Don't fall into the negative hype like a lot of us were lead to believe...get the dvd! While I cant reccomend the vhs(as the dvd extras are what is the real shining moments here) the dvd is well worth it for genuinely great comic moments. Hats off to Barretta, Whitmire, Mazziano, and Kennedy!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
So how exactly *does* shoe crow taste these day? Heh.

At least you can admit when you are wrong...

towels

Reaction score
It sounds like someone's account got hacked...
:big_grin:

Seriously though, I'm glad you checked it out and found stuff to enjoy!

radionate

Reaction score
My my, I just don't know if I buy into the post. Towels might be onto something...:big_grin:

Now see Cory, that's why your Mommy always said to try your vegatables before you said you didn't like them.

Luke

Reaction score
If anyone gets the ransom note from Cory's abductors, post it up and we'll try to raise the cash. I'll chip in a dime and a stick of chewing gum ! :big_grin:

Good to see you have actually enjoyed this Cory, now maybe you can understand why people were telling you to actually go and watch this in the first place.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Good to see you have actually enjoyed this Cory, now maybe you can understand why people were telling you to actually go and watch this in the first place.<<<

Thank you Luke! I have seen the light! I want to thank Luke and Nate for participating. Should we let the cat out of the bag?
Well, this wasnt neccesarily fair or nice...but Luke, Nate, and I thought it would be funny to try and concoct a slight mini flame war over my famopus flair for cynicism in regards to KSY.
Thank you Luke and Nate for participating.

Really, you think I could come up with some of the personal notes to Luke about his insider stuff? That was all Luke, like a good WWE plot script!

>>So how exactly *does* shoe crow taste these day? Heh.

At least you can admit when you are wrong...<<

Again, see above, it was all a mean rouse. KSY dvd rocks.

So anybody else giddy over the behind the scenes and blooper stuff on the dvd?

radionate

Reaction score
You are one sick little puppy. May I once again state in another thread, "I was not 'in' on this.":mad: :mad:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>You are one sick little puppy. May I once again state in another thread, "I was not 'in' on this."<<<

Hehe...um...yeah, me and Luke werent in on this either *wink wink* I actually have to point my hands together my Mr. Burns and say 'exxxceeelent'. We thought it'd be a fun joke to rile thing up on here, but it turned out to actually be good positive buzz for KSY, which definately needs it right now. I hope to see more positive reviews on KSY dvd. (cant fully endorse the vhs, only because those are missing the great behind the scenes stuff)

radionate

Reaction score
Cory, are you insane, or are you implying that I was "in" on this?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Cory, are you insane, or are you implying that I was "in" on this?<<<

Are we still talking about this? The header is KSY dvd rocks...so we wanna hear what you thought of the dvd!