1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Should Bear in the Big Blue House come back?

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by FraggleFrick, Feb 2, 2016.

1. FraggleFrick

FraggleFrick Active Member

Hey. Who thinks bear deserves to come back? I for one think this is a great idea. I am disgusted with the children television today. Who's with me? :cry:

MikaelaMuppet and Woody85 like this.
  2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I would love it if Bear came back, but I don't think we'll ever get Bear back.

3. FraggleFrick

This is true, but sometimes Disney Junior brings back shows, am I correct?

4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Yes and no, They did but, they haven't been since of recently.

5. FraggleFrick

Awwww. :( I wish Bear would get popular so new generations could capture the magic. I was always raised on Jim Henson, and I want our young children to have the same upbringing. :)

6. FraggleFrick

Does anyone think Bear has a chance of coming back?

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well,we do still have Sesame Street.

8. FraggleFrick

Yes, but it is now a Elmo marathon, and I want something besides that :smirk:

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

But you see that's the problem. You say that's what YOU want,it's not about what you and I want,it's about what the kids watching NEED it to be.

10. FraggleFrick

:cry: It will never be the same. I love you, Jim. I can't stop crying right now.

11. ST1DS1

ST1DS1 New Member

The cancellation of Bear In The Big Blue House was the single greatest act of betrayal in the history of the Jim Henson Company.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  12. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

I'm not the world's biggest fan of the show, but I have seen a few episodes - and A Berry Bear Christmas is one of my favorite things they've ever done, possibly due to nostalgia factor. Bear and the gang are some of the best characters in children's television history, and I support the notion that they should come back.

Yeah, it's really getting pretty crappy at this point. At least we still have Thomas & Friends and Sesame Street. :p

Like MuppetSpot2 said, I doubt that it'll come back, but you never know. Maybe they'll surprise us.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Shows get cancelled all the time, usually for a very real reason. This time it seems that after Lynne Thigpen, who voiced Luna, died, the crew didn't really have the heart to continue. Be glad that it lasted for five seasons - one of my personal biggest gripes is the cancellation of TUGS, which lasted for only one season - thirteen episodes. Bear fans have it lucky. :)