Should I get the Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss?

blackurth

Reaction score
as an old time henson fan who likes fraggle rock,70's sesame street,labyrinth,ect....and I don't like "the bear in the blue house" nor do I like elmo's world...would the "wubbulus world of dr suess" be a good choice or should I skip it?

blackurth

Reaction score
I guess no one is willing to tell me if I should get it or not....I can get it for $5.99 at walmart but I don't know if I will like it, remember I like the "henson" stuff like "fraggle rock" ect and I don't like the elmo and big blue house stuff,so should I get it as an old time "henson" fan or is it too childish for me...

McFraggle

Reaction score
I used to occassionally watch it when it was on Nickelodeon. It's a decent show, but I think it more Elmo-like than Muppets or Fraggle Rock. Hope that helps.

Stulz

Reaction score
Depends....

"Wubbulus World of Dr. Suess" is an interesting show to discuss.

If you like the original Dr. Suess book and stories you will enjoy the first 2 seasons. After that they totally changed the focus and direction of the show.

With this change they aimed the show soley at the pre-school set and had the Cat in the Hat (w/ a new voice) having a sort of playhouse and living with the mini cats and Terrence the Bird. The Cat and Terrance would learn lessons and using the other Suess characters show 2 stories that releted to the topic or theme of each episode.The opening credits are also changed to reflect this new focus.

Most of the episodes repeated and realeased on DVD are unfortuately from these later seasons. However, I do believe (as a I have not yet watched it myself) that the 3rd episode on the 2nd Wubbulus DVD is an episode from season 1 or 2.

Hope that helps.