Should I Put It Down? (A Lips fanfic)

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
ENJOY! Lips gets to tell the story!

It's been three days since the Muppets have broken up. I couldn't believe it, I placed my phone back in my pocket and layed back on my bed. Sure, I'm still livin' with the band, but.....since Animal left us to do some yoga thingy.....should I leave too? If I do, where am I gonna go? Where am I gonna stay? What am I gonna do? I really didn't feel like playing my trumpet right now...that was unusual to others, it ain't to me. I stared at all of the Electric Mayhem posters and stuff. I even saw the one when Zoot and I were in the orchestra pit with Delores. Man, she's so pretty. Sure, I mean, we engaged during season five but we never planned on where or when we'll get married....
Anyway, I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I said calmly as I tried to hold back my tears. Zoot came in. He was wearing...well...a new outfit. Red knitted cloak, yellow t-shirt, new pants....ok I'm surprised on that, new shades and a green newspaper hat? Now thats an outfit I love. "Hey man, whats up?" I asked. He shrugged. "Nuthin'. Just went shoppin' with Mr. Bassman and the Good Doctor. When we got back, I was bored so I came up here to talk to you. Whats up with ya. You feelin' ok?" I just nodded. "Yeah man, I'm fine."
"Ha, no your not. Look at you, man, you look like you're gonna cry or something. Fess up, Lips, whats bothering ya?" Zoot asked. I didn't feel like telling him. Sure, he's still my best friend and I can tell him and the band anything if I'm feelin' down. But this is so tragic....I just had to...you know....fight back tears.......A tear was coming from one of my eyes. I quickly wiped it so Zoot wouldn't see me cry. "Dude," Zoot said as he placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it, "I know you're crying. Whats the matter? You can tell me." I couldn't take it anymore. Before I could say a word on whats wrong with me......."Just shut the door....." I whispered quietly and scratchy. Yep, I know what you're thinkin'. I am about to cry.....
I just stared at the walls while Zoot stands up and shuts the door quietly, then came back to me. "Ok, so whats wrong, man?" he asked. I didn't look at him. I sereosly did not want him to see me cry at all. But, I had to keep my voice calm and clear as the best as I could. "Zoot?.......d-Do you think....that...I-I" I couldn't finish. I was too upset to explain more. I just grabbed one of my pillows and buried my face on top of it, NOW I was crying. The thought of telling Zoot that I might leave the band might ruin the band's reputation, Zoot not being my friend anymore....all of that made me feel empty. "Hey man, take it easy. Just calm down, look at me and tell me whats wrong. I'll always understand." he said as he was running his hand around on my back in a relaxing motion. I tried to calm down...but I just can't. But I had to try. "Its-Its just that(sniff), I remembered when Animal left us....and....and...."

"Lips, come on man, you can tell me."

"(sniff)Zoot, even if I did tell you you wouldn't like it, the band wouldn't like it and you'll probably hate me and not be my friend anymore....(whimper)" I buried my head in the pillow and kept crying. I started to shake...thats the most terrifying thing you feel when you're crying, you start shaking. Zoot sighed, "Whatever it is, Lips, it'll be ok." I picked my head up and kept on both crying and shaking. I needed air. It was snowy outside, about to become a snowstorm. I stood up. I felt like crying again, but then I turned to Zoot before I left the door. "(sniff) When Animal...left us...I-I-I felt like....that..." I kept it calm and clear. But I was about to cry hard. So, I had to blurt out, "I MIGHT LEAVE THE BAND OK???!!!!" I ran out of my room and slipped on my shoes. I kept crying as I passed the band in the livingroom and kitchen. They stared at me. Dr.Teeth asked, "Lips? Everything ok?" I ignored him and ran outside into the cold, wet snowstorm. I over heard from inside, Floyd sayin, "That guy is crazy!"
It was super freezing out, but I didn't care. I just sat ouside in the park, nearly freezing to death. The only shoes I wore were my sandals. Dang, I was freezing. My tears soon turned into icycles, and I kept crying. I felt sick knowing that maybe my insides were about to turn to ice and make me lay my body in the cold.
"Lips! Lips! Where are you, man!"

"Like, Lips, are you here?"

"Lips! C'mon man, we know you're around here!"

"Come on out man! We ain't mad at you!"

It was the band. I was about to speak to tell them I'm here, but the storm must've frozen my throat or something. So, even thought I was freezing, I had no choice but to get up and walk to see whoever had the lanturn. Then I saw Janice. She had the lanturn. She turned to me, she found me. "Like guys! I found him!" she said as she tried to pick me up on her shoulder. "Here Janice, I got him" Dr.Teeth offered as he gently letted me lean onto him. "Guys, he ain't lookin' so good. Lets just hurry him back to the house before he dies in the cold." Floyd suggested. At that moment, I blacked out.

Four Hours Later.........

I opened my eyes to find myself in my bedroom with the band watching some movie. I think it was 'Robots' or 'Megamind' or somethin'. Janice turned to me. "Hey, like, I think he's waking up." she said. I felt weak. My eyelids were too heavy to open, and I was shivering. Either Janice or Zoot must've added seven blankets onto me to make sure I won't freeze. Not exactly working. There was a towel on my pillow, heh, my hair must've soaked itself in the snow. There goes my afro.
"Hey man, how're ya feelin'?" Zoot asked as everyone looked at me. I was about to speak, but my throat was really sore. I had to fight the pain. "Weak. eh, how long was I out for, man?" I whispered. Dr.Teeth kept playin' with my wet hair. "Oh, for four hours. But don't worry. We called a doctor. Just stay in bed for a few days and you'll be just fine, positivly" I nodded, man my throat was so sore. "Well, we're goin' to bed. Goodnight guys." Janice said quietly. "Goodnight." I whispered. Zoot turned to me and said, "Just rest. You're gonna be-" "Uh Zoot," I whispered with a inturuption. "Hmm?" Zoot asked as he sat on oneside of the bed. "About what I said earlier.....were you...mad...at...me?"

"No man, I ain't mad....I-look I'm tired and I know you are too. Just get some sleep. We'll talk about it tomorrow. Ok?"

I looked at him and nodded. "Ok....goodnight, Zoot." I replied quietly in a whisper. Zoot chuckled and smiled, "heh heh, goodnight, Lips". My eyelids must've made me fall asleep. I forgot they were so heavy, I couldn't keep them open. Zoot pulled the blankets closer to my neck and turned my lamp off. He left my room and shutted the door quietly so he wouldn't wake me up. I snuggled under my covers and felt peaceful.

The next morning, my eyes were still to heavy to open. I felt feverish. Then, guess who I saw? Dr.Teeth. "Heh, morning man, how're ya feelin'?" he asked as he fixed my hair a little. It was getting dry. "Worse. But, I think I'll be ok." I whispered. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, hoping it would keep me awake. Dr.Teeth felt my forehead and my back, then sighed, "Yeah, you still feel like boilin' lava. Man, I never saw you like this. Anyway, I came up here to have a word with ya about yesturday's....freezingly sad momento. Zoot told us what had happened after you ran outside into the snowstorm." My eyes wided, he told them? I started coughin' a little bit, made my throat more sore than before. Dr.Teeth handed me some water. I drank it, felt worse, but hey. I was thirsty.
"Anyway, look, man I positivly understand what you're thinkin' about when Animal left us. But the band wouldn't last without you. We need you on trumpet man, well not now because you're sick to the bone. You dig?" he asked. I nodded. 'Just don't leave us, ok? You're family to us." he continued. "Ok.....I ain't leavin'." I said with a smile quietly. Dr.Teeth smiled at me and ruffled my hair. "Good man, good to hear. Well, sort of. Hey man, I bet you're hungry. You wait here, I'll get Janice to bring breakfast to ya, ok?" he asked. I nodded as I watched him leave my room. I looked at my trumpet, will I ever play it again? Anyway, I just sat in my covers and waited for breakfast until something came in my mind. Delores. What about her? We still need to plan the wedding! I guess I'll have to give her a call later eh?

SO...this is part 1. Don't worry I'll probably have part 2 ready soon! Hope you loved it!:smile:

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Heres Part 2!

Janice brought in my breakfast. Heh, I dunno how she knew what eggs I liked. Anyway, she asked, "Mornin' Lips. Like, how're ya feeling?" She ruffled my hair, "Worse. I'll be fine, Jan." I replied. "Oh, like, I'm sure you'll be ok. Hey by the way, Steve is comin' over to watch ya. Like, is it ok with you?"

"Sure. I haven't talked to him in forever."

"Like, good. He'll be here in an hour, fer sure. The band and I have to rully talk to Kermit. We'll be gone for an hour or two."

I nodded. She left my room and I took a bite of toast. I thought of Steve while I was eating. Steve Whitemire is like a father to me. I haven't talked to him in a while. He's been with Kermit and Link and whatever characters he plays, I was too busy with music-business. I kinda felt bad about it, that and I thought to myself, "Man, Dr.Teeth was right, I do feel like boiling lava...."
An hour later, I finished breakfast and Floyd took my tray into the kitchen for me. I was watching 'Megamind', until the band came in. With Steve Whitemire. "Hey Lips, like we'll be back soon." Janice said. "Ok." I said quietly. As the gang left, Steve sat on oneside of the bed and gave me a hug. "Hey little buddy, how are you feeling?" he asked. I looked at him and smiled, "You're the third person who asked me that today....and I feel like boiling lava." I replied as I leaned my head on his chest. "Listen Steve, I'm sorry we never talked that much. I feel terrible about it. Literally I am." I said saddly. Steve moved my afro away from my face, "Hey, don't be sorry, Lips. I know we haven't talked in a while, but you and I were too busy into the show and all. Kermit's the main part I have to take over for him, you know?" he asked. I nodded. He picks me up and places me on his lap, then gives me a hug again. "I'm always gonna be there for you. And if I pass on, I want you to look up into the stars and find me, ok?" I nodded and wiped another tear. Either I was crying again or my eye just hurts. Anyway, I laid my head on his shoulder and started crying softly. Steve was rubbing my back, trying to calm me down. "You're gonna be fine, Lips. I know you feel sick to the bone," he said, "But you've gotta be strong. I'll tell you what, did you and Trumpet Girl plan your wedding yet?" I stopped crying, we pulled away, and I shook my head, "Nah man, Delores and I don't know when we're plannin'. Why?" "Because, I'm gonna help you. I'll call Delores for you and tell her to come on over." he replied. I smiled at him. Besides the band, he's so nice.
Delorese came a few minutes later. We planned the wedding. Like a team, even Delores's puppeteer was there. She was so nice. I fell asleep as soon as Delores left. I dreamed about me from a few years ago when I met Zoot, then the band and then Delores. Steve must've fell asleep too. We both were asleep.

PART 3 SOON!

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
Best story of yours yet! Lips is one of the most underrated Muppets in history. Can't wait for more! :big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
"Should I Put it Down?"

I think Zoot should put down the duckie if he wants to play the saxophone...

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Ok....I'll probably do part 3 later on, I have to go to a halloween party in a few hours

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
PART 3 BABY!!!!

The band came back a few hours later, with no news from Kermit what so ever. Steve was holding me by his side, he was still sleeping, though I wasn't.
"Yo Steve! We're back!" Floyd interupted.
Steve woke up. I hated it when he had to leave. Though he hugged me, we exchanged numbers and he left.

After a few days later, I felt better. I mostly felt bad that I never talked to Zoot about that incident of me runnin' outside in the cold like that. So I decided to go talk to Zoot about it.

I knocked on Zoot's door. "Yeah?" yelled Zoot's voice from inside the room. "Zoot, its me. Can I come in?" I asked. I heard Zoot sigh from the other side. What the heck was his problem? "Yeah. C'mon in." he said. I came in and saw Zoot on the bed, holding his saxophone in hand. Looking like it broke because it was bent and scratched. I can notice the anger inside Zoot. "Woah, man! What happened to your sax?" I asked worriedly, I tried to place my hands on Zoot's shoulders, but Zoot hesitated. "Well, me and the band visited Animal today, he got so mad at me for some reason and messed up my sax!" he replied angerly. I couldn't help but feel bad. "Now," he continued, "I don't have any more money to either get my sax fixed or buy a new one!" Now I felt terrible for Zoot. "I'm sorry, man. But that's not what I wanna talk to you about..." I said.
Zoot turned to me with a crooked eyebrow. "Wha-?" he asked. "It was...well.....when I ran out into the snow unexpectedly...from if I wanted to leave or not" I continued. He placed his saxophone behind me and placed an arm on my back. "I thought you and Teeth sorted that out." Zoot protested. I sighed, "Well we did, and I still wasn't sure."

"Oh, I see. You still wanted to hear my opinion, huh?"

I couldn't help but laugh at that thought. "For once, yeah." I replied.

He couldn't help but laugh too. "Well, I'm just gonna help you on this one....don't you ever leave us, ok? You're my best friend and I can't bare to see you go." he said. I looked at him and smiled. "Thanks." I replied. He gave me a supportingly-man hug and couldn't help but adjust. I just kept staring at his saxophone the entire time.

Later that night, after everyone was asleep, I crept into Zoot's room and grabbed his bent saxophone. I took it into my room and took out some tools Beaureguard gave me before he mysteriously left for some reason. I got to work on Zoot's little surprise.

"Hey, did uh...anyone take my sax last night?" Zoot asked over coffee the next morning.

"Not that I'm aware of...hey where's Lips anyways?" Floyd asked.

Where was I you ask? I was in my room, with Zoot's saxophone as good as new, and asleep on my desk. I woke up and quickly got dressed. I grabbed Zoot's saxophone, it hat a yellow ribbon close to the reed and a note inside the ribbon. I ran into Zoot's room and placed his saxophone on his bed. Then I heard footsteps coming, I peaked from the doorway and saw Zoot coming upstairs! I quickly hid in the closet and only opened it so I can have a peek.
I saw Zoot, looking straight at his saxophone. He walked to it and picked it up. I saw him open the note. I remember that I wrote:

To: Zoot From: Lips

Zoot read the card and smiled. I couldn't help but smile back. I stepped out and Zoot finally took notice. "You fixed my sax?" he asked. I noded. I placed my hand on his shoulder, "After you helped me with my problem...I helped you with yours." I replied. He hugged me. "No one's ever done this for me...thanks Lips" he said. I hugged back. I'm glad I don't have to leave the band. They're all I need!

THAT'S ALL!!!