Should Kermit return for Sesame's 40th season?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Only if Disney can work out a deal would we be able to see him. I tend to think that Disney and SS have a good relationship, since the apperances of the SS characters on the Muppet show episodes are in tact, and they let SS use old Kermit clips, especially in DVD's and their video player.
Yeah, I find iot funny that Kermit appears in a lot of Sesame Street things still (video player, the podcast, DVDs, CDs etc.), but the only place he's not being used is the actual show.

The same can be said with classic clips.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I find iot funny that Kermit appears in a lot of Sesame Street things still (video player, the podcast, DVDs, CDs etc.), but the only place he's not being used is the actual show.

The same can be said with classic clips.
Due in part to the "structure" of the show, but I won't go there. As for Kermie appearing on the show currently, they would have to pay Disney for it.

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh yes for sure i think that he should return, he was really good on SS when i would see him on here a lot i hope that they would do that . It would be something spical if he would start a for good return , on SS that would be so cool .:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Due in part to the "structure" of the show, but I won't go there. As for Kermie appearing on the show currently, they would have to pay Disney for it.
I agree with that, but maybe they could have him make a special appearance in at least one episode. Someone mentioned that since "Elmo's Christmas Countdown" aired on ABC which was owned by Disney that Kermit might have appeared on that. Since he didn't that might be a good idea for a future ABC special. I could see Kermit hosting a 40th Anniversary Special on ABC.

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
DUDE. that would be the best thing ever.

although realistically i personally feel that disney would never let kermit back on the street.... only because it's mixing up two very distinct brands. and it probably isn't good for "brand integrity." i'm sure some people are still confused about the difference btwn the classic henson muppets and the sst muppets.

also, i bet it would definitely cost an arm and a leg to get that loveable frog back on the show. le sigh.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
As much as I would love to see Kermit go back to Sesame Street, I have to say that fleecenotfelt brings up a good point. Brand mixing can be counterproductive and not helpful. It seems as though Disney has been putting decent effort into Marketing the Muppets to an older audience. Already, older children have the misconception that the Muppets are for babies, and while I am a Sesame Street fan and not a baby, I can see where Disney would be reluctant to allow Kermit back on the Street. No matter if one agrees or disagrees with that stand, one has to admit that there is a point to it.

Though I have to reiterate, I personally would love to see Kermit make even a tiny appearance on Sesame Street.

muppet baby

Reaction score
DUDE. that would be the best thing ever.

although realistically i personally feel that disney would never let kermit back on the street.... only because it's mixing up two very distinct brands. and it probably isn't good for "brand integrity." i'm sure some people are still confused about the difference btwn the classic henson muppets and the sst muppets.

also, i bet it would definitely cost an arm and a leg to get that loveable frog back on the show. le sigh.
Hello fleecenotfelt you have a really good ponit here i thought about it some after i got off the net last night sigh it is sad i mean that Disney probably would not let the lovable frog back on the show . Sigh ,that is so sad but i guess until we know a for sure answer, and i have a feeling as u said that they would not let him back on the show . I sure hope that they do let him though :smile: