1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Should Sesame Street continue?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Katzi428, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The show went through phases since the 90's. That's only due to the constant changing of children's television and SS unfortunately having to adapt. However, while I'm no big fan of the block format, it's a great deal better than what we had last decade that brought the pre-preschoolers in. JTE and Elmo's World are long gone, replaced with much better Super Grover 2.0 (but OH those reruns), Abby's Flying Fairy School (which gets better with every season), and Elmo the Musical (which is far superior on every level, and a whole 5 minutes shorter). And even that's not going to be as permanent as we think.

AS long as we never get "Come on, it's time to play" back ever again. That was Sesame Street's "Batman and Robin," or rather, for the TV show reference, those horrid episodes of Frasier where Jane Leeves was pregnant and they had to write all those horridly unfunny fat jokes about Daphne... ugh.
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  2. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

HEY DWAYNE'S WIFE!! YOUR HUSBAND HAS THE HOTS FOR GABI & GINA FROM SESAME STREET!!!!:smirk:
    I'm j/k Dwayne! ;) And yeah..bringing in younger cast members is a smart idea on the show's part.Who knows? Possibly Gabi & Miles might come back!
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  3. Katzi428

Dr T. (and hating to sound like "When I was a kid " but I must)
    When SS aired in the 70s there wasn't anything that aired from 20 minutes, then "coming up next" is Blah blah focusing on one character.....Everything was street stories then 5 minutes of say Ernie & Bert then something like "Today's Secret Drawing" then back to the street scene & a letter segment..are you following me here?.
    It should be like that for kids today.
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Thank Frog my wife is not a member of this froum, well she is but she is never on here.
  5. Katzi428

I was KIDDING!:rolleyes: Didn't you see me put that?
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  6. dwayne1115

No I Had my eyes closed in fact I still do......
  7. Katzi428

Well open your eyes & read this. Please don't be sarcastic OK? Thank you.
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  8. dwayne1115

My name is not Sarcastic....I'ts Dwayne.
  9. Katzi428

:rolleyes: Yes...I know that.
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*watches this whole thing pass*

*think So this is why it's good I'm not married think*
  11. dwayne1115

Trust me being married is great "looks around"

"wispers" You just have to pretend like the girls are in charge, but we guys know otherwise.
    Lola p likes this.
  12. dwayne1115

Apperntly what has happend here folks is I have offened someone, and now that person has blocked me and sent me a note saying they blocked me....
    To me this is just un called for when all i have been doing for the past few days on this thread is trying to get people to stop focasing on the negitive and bad things that have happend in both the real world and the Muppet world.
    I honestly belive that everything I have said in this thread and others in the past two days have been mostly joking around and acting silly. If that upsets you then I would suggest watching The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson, after it was all said and done what was the one thing Kermit wanted to know if the final act was "silly" it was and it helped show that the Muppets where ok, and that everything else would be ok. So I'm not going to appologize for the things I have said, but I'm sorry if anyone took anything I have said seriously.
  13. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Susan and Luis was born in 1940 both, and Maria in 1950. Susan were more active in the past season than the past 4 seasons together, I wonder in how many episodes will be she for this season...
    Katzi428 likes this.
  14. Katzi428

OK...thanks a lot for finding this info out for me cahuenga! :)
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

WhAt JuSt HaPpEnEd?
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  16. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself...
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

SNL and SS will be here for decades to come, if not more. I might even be inclined to add Simpsons in there, but definitely Sesame Street. No reason at all why it shouldnt continue til the end of humanity. So what if its someday all new people, all new characters. It's infinite.
  18. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

YES.

...Now Two and a Half men on the other hand...someone should spare us all!!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah. Charlie Sheen went nuts and left, Angus Jones went nuts and went on a diatribe about how evil the show was. When 2 of your core actors go crazy and say nasty things about you, you KNOW the show should have ended by now.
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Dont forget the co creator (not Chuck Lorre) went on several rants against women. So yeah.