1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Should the Muppets retire?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Frogster, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Vic Romano Active Member

Ah, okay, BEAR: worded that way is easier for me to understand. And once again, let's not throw names around; even somethin' as simple as naive. It's just not nice, it's rude. BEAR here is one of the most well versed SS guys I know around here and knows his stuff.
  2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I agree with Vic on this one. I mean, I do feel they have some sort of intent for fans, with the TMS DVD's, looking at the special features and all, but for future projects, they're going after children or tweenagers, since that's where the money is. Of course, kids care more about their "Dualmasters" and tweens want their "Jessica Simpson's or Hillary Duff's annoying sister."

I mean, the one fan based thing I'm seeing in some of the Post-Disney buyout product is more penguins. :zany: as much as I love them, throwing in penguins doesn't really add to much.

But I am hearing good things relating to the Movies.com :sleep: :boo: reviews. I feel if they work without a crap script, they still have good entertainment value...
  3. BEAR Active Member

Thanks, Vic. It's no big deal. I guess my statement could have been looked at as naive, but that is because someone only looked at one part of it and not all of it. Anyway...I don't think Sesame Street is serving me much in this argument.
  4. BEAR Active Member

By the way, this is a little old and maybe unecessary to mention but i will cuz i had the thought. Some of these posts refer to Scooter being portrayed as gay and indicating that Richard Hunt possibly was...nonsense like that that we can't back up. Well, I was just thinking about something totally unrelated to any of this but somehow my mind came across that new pig character who was a choreographer in the new Muppet Christmas movie on TV. Wasn't his name Howard or something? Anyway..if ANY Muppet character is to be though of as being "gay" then it would be him, and I am positive it was an intentional implication.
  5. Harvey Towers Active Member

Howard Pudman was not a new character for AVMMCM, he appeared in Muppets Tonight in the story of America's oldest and fattest family: The Pudmans of Porksville. Carter the Butler also features in this sketch. Howard was not portrayed as gay in this sketch, rather as very very greedy.
  6. Beauregard Well-Known Member

However, in AVMMCM he was protrayed as gay. "Nice tooshie..."
  7. Cantus Rock New Member

That was more jokingly gay. I doubt they wanted to portray him as such.

If the Muppets wanted to make an actual homosexual character, it would probably be more serious. Like a "Kami"-type (sp?) character.

Lets not make this a debate over this point; however, I think that taking a could-be homosexual joke as an absolute sign of homosexuality is a wrong assessment.
  8. Frogster Active Member

This post is so gay.
  9. Cantus Rock New Member

10. unclematt Active Member

One of the few times we are going to agree Cantus.
  11. Frogster Active Member

Well, despite the many arguments I didn't mean to cause, but did, I'd say that the majority says that the Muppets should not retire... is this correct?
  12. TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

I'd say that is the case. I don't think any of us really want the muppets to retire, we just have different ideas of where the muppets are (and should be) heading.
  13. The muppets absolutely should not retire. They are still very loved by many people. And I think there new projects are good. I don't care if I'm in the minority on that one. I love the all of their stuff and anxiously await more.
  14. BEAR Active Member

Now there's a dedicated and faithful fan. I like it! :)
  15. Frogster Active Member

I think I wholeheartedly agree.
  16. BEAR Active Member

Icidentally, I was just veiwing your profile (just for kicks) and you remind me of myself in certain ways. Just how you responded to many of the questions. I am also studying theater in college and am working as an actor. Kermit is also one of my heroes and hope to work with them someday as a career point. :)
  17. Beauregard Well-Known Member

And this can be summed up in two words: "Muppets for Life" Ok...so tha twas three...but...
  18. Cantus Rock New Member

LOL, it just doesn't end, does it..
  19. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Nope. Hehe!

Some people pick the hottest topics! Touch nd be burned, lol.

On the otehr hand, pour water in and we can have a sauna bath.
  20. Cantus Rock New Member

Heh, I don't mind the heat whatsoever. In fact I'm really glad this topic was finally explored by some one other than myself. I just don't want to go round and round in circles, dig? ;)