Should the show go 3-d just for one time only on TV ?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I mean come on, with the success of Abby's Flying Fairy school. It makes me wonder if the shows creators could make an entire Sesame Street Episode in 3-d!

dwmckim

Reaction score
3D? Don't see it happening. Too gimmicky, enough problems with budget, the whole episode would have to be all new content that would only be for that one show, and the main audience would be too young to appreciate it or wonder why they would need to put on 3d glasses.

Or did you mean an entire cgi episode?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
3D? Don't see it happening. Too gimmicky, enough problems with budget, the whole episode would have to be all new content that would only be for that one show, and the main audience would be too young to appreciate it or wonder why they would need to put on 3d glasses.

Or did you mean an entire cgi episode?

The second one I mean just think of it at last we can see:super: in CGI mode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do not want an entire CGI... no. There's nothing on TV now but CGI kids shows, and very few of them are anything to write home about. The Twiddlebugs I let slide, Abby's Flying School I had issues with initially... I'm not too happy with the obviously flash animated Sesame Street English Hello Kitty looking Cookie Monster segments. I do NOT want to see any more Muppets replaced by a cheaper CGI or Flash segment. The fact the show even uses puppets makes it a LOT more realistic than CGI rendered characters being super imposed over everything and having the humans interact with cardboard cutouts flatly.

CGI assistance to puppetry I'm all for. The Boulder in the Texas Telly episode... CGI effects enhancing puppetry... That I like to see. Blend of new and old. But to me, SS is special because they ARE puppets. Everyone else jumped onto that bandwagon, and now everything looks the same. And frankly, no matter how many advancements there are, all these kid's CGI shows look like they were made 15 or more years ago. Even Reboot, the first regular CGI TV show had better effects, and that was made in 94 or so. I hate how Mickey Mouse Clubhouse looks, and that's a major studio.

Mupp

Reaction score
I do not want an entire CGI... no. There's nothing on TV now but CGI kids shows, and very few of them are anything to write home about. The Twiddlebugs I let slide, Abby's Flying School I had issues with initially... I'm not too happy with the obviously flash animated Sesame Street English Hello Kitty looking Cookie Monster segments. I do NOT want to see any more Muppets replaced by a cheaper CGI or Flash segment. The fact the show even uses puppets makes it a LOT more realistic than CGI rendered characters being super imposed over everything and having the humans interact with cardboard cutouts flatly.

CGI assistance to puppetry I'm all for. The Boulder in the Texas Telly episode... CGI effects enhancing puppetry... That I like to see. Blend of new and old. But to me, SS is special because they ARE puppets. Everyone else jumped onto that bandwagon, and now everything looks the same. And frankly, no matter how many advancements there are, all these kid's CGI shows look like they were made 15 or more years ago. Even Reboot, the first regular CGI TV show had better effects, and that was made in 94 or so. I hate how Mickey Mouse Clubhouse looks, and that's a major studio.
Yeah, an entire CGI Sesame Street is just not necessary, and goes against what the original intent was, as far as the setting and whatnot.

On the note of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, the show may look a little dull in that almost every other kid show is in CGI, but man, little kids LOVE the show. And at least Mickey and the gang are in CGI only on that show. I think of it as just a gimmick for the kiddies. (Man, I miss House of Mouse!)

Getting back to Sesame Street, that's not to say that it wouldn't be interesting to see characters in different ways on a temporary basis, Ernie, Bert, and even Elmo have been done as clay puppets, and of course Abby in CGI...I guess what I'm saying is, as long as its meant to be for specific segments and not permanatly, I'm ok with it. The live-action puppets will clearly never be replaced.
On that note, it would be interesting to see how Blogg and Gonnigan look as live-action Muppets....Mrs. Sparkenose could only exist as a CGI Muppet, she's just too thin to actually be created.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the note of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, the show may look a little dull in that almost every other kid show is in CGI, but man, little kids LOVE the show. And at least Mickey and the gang are in CGI only on that show. I think of it as just a gimmick for the kiddies. (Man, I miss House of Mouse!)
Mickey just doesn't work in CGI... not in the Christmas movie, not on the Oscars... and especially on his own show. I've often said, the only thing I like about Mickey Clubhouse is the fact that they've got a vehicle for the characters that actually built Disney's empire. I mean, seeing Mickey Mouse (and more importantly Goofy and Donald Duck) in every store makes me a little happy. Though, I agree... they need to make another House of Mouse/Mouseworks type show. Personally I wanna see some sort of 2-D animated Duck Avenger DTV, the way they have those Tinkerbelle DTVs (They're both based off of Italian comic books).

On that note, it would be interesting to see how Blogg and Gonnigan look as live-action Muppets....Mrs. Sparkenose could only exist as a CGI Muppet, she's just too thin to actually be created.
If SW can ever get their budget back I WANT to see an episode where Abby has her friends, portrayed by puppets interact with the rest of the street. Blogg and Oscar need to interact somehow. I don't know why... but it seems to have some potential there.

Mupp

Reaction score
Mickey just doesn't work in CGI... not in the Christmas movie, not on the Oscars... and especially on his own show. I've often said, the only thing I like about Mickey Clubhouse is the fact that they've got a vehicle for the characters that actually built Disney's empire. I mean, seeing Mickey Mouse (and more importantly Goofy and Donald Duck) in every store makes me a little happy...

Blogg and Oscar need to interact somehow.
Yeah. Its great to see the classic Disney characters getting attention.
I think that is one of the big reasons why Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was created, so that these classic characters wouldn't be lost on the new generation of kids...And it seems to be working.
Yeah, Mickey doesn't work too well in CGI, but at least on the show his ears have the correct round look.
Yes, we really new more new cartoons like from Mouseworks/House of Mouse era.

And yes, I think it would be amusing to see Blogg interact with Oscar. Now that I think of it, I'm sure that Oscar would love the ear wax. :grouchy:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I first read the title, I thought it was asking about 3D as in Muppet Vision 3D or the Sesame Street 3D film, and I started thinking... The opening sequence from the Baker films would look cool in 3D.