1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Should Walter be a main character in place of Rowlf and Scooter?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by BlakeConor14, Mar 4, 2015.

?

should Walter be a major muppet

Poll closed Mar 11, 2015.
  1. yes

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. no

23 vote(s)
    95.8%

1. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

The muppets 2011 was really good but Walter should not be a major muppet in place of rowlf, scooter and rizzo in mmw he was less involved but by only a little bit rowlf and scooter had more to do though in mmw than in muppets 2011

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

No because both Rowlf and Scooter have been recast,and are doing a lot better then they where in Muppet Christmas Carol or any other movie.

3. BlakeConor14

I love roelf he is my favourite and bill is doing a great job with him but what I am saying is that Walter will probably be more a major muppet than them which is not good

cahuenga and beatnikchick300 like this.
  4. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Well, if we have more muppet movies or tv specials, or a show, he should be a minor character who has a few lines meant for laughs similar to Lew Zealand, and some of those other muppets in general.

cahuenga and beatnikchick300 like this.
  5. dwayne1115

Yes Walter should still be a part of the Muppets but he should not take the place of any other Muppet.

WalterLinz likes this.
  6. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

Walter should be part of the Muppets, but as part of the main characters? I don't think so....

LaRanaRene likes this.
  7. dwayne1115

Right me personally I think he had to much screen time in Most Wanted.

8. BlakeConor14

It should have been fozzie, gonzo and rowlf going to gulag to find kermit

LaRanaRene likes this.
  9. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

I think I remember reading an interview with Peter Linz talking about the 2011 movie a while back where at some point he said he doesn't even consider Walter the star of the film and stated that the main Muppets were.:p

Even though Walter's my favorite (well..one of my favorites..), it definitely wouldn't make sense if he'll become a more major Muppet than Rowlf and Scooter.

Of course he's a wonderful addition to the Muppets, with him being a Muppet we all can relate to. And, no kidding, I always thought before he'd mesh pretty well with the main Muppets. Sure, he's sweet and humble like Kermit and funny and childlike like Fozzie and daring like Gonzo, but sort of like what Peter said, I never imagined him being more major than any of the main Muppets. Maybe since he also has a geeky personality, maybe it seems he'd be better off as part of the other Muppets instead, I don't know.:p

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  10. BlakeConor14

Walter linz no way should Walter replace them he is worse than Andy and randy

11. dwayne1115

Well that may be your opinion, but Andy and Randy really can't be put in the same category as Walter. The reason is that they are intended for a quick and easy laugh, or gag. Walter on the other had is more well rounded, and can be used for both comedy, and drama.

LaRanaRene and Duke Remington like this.
  12. BlakeConor14

Andy and randy had no act nothing to do on stage if there was a new muppets show what would Walter do then

13. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

14. dwayne1115

He would have a supporting role no question. I think his personality is a lot like Scooter's So he may help out a lot backstage or things like that, That is if they do a Muppet Show type show again.

15. BlakeConor14

He shouldn't be like scooter I think that he could maybe work with beaurigard

16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Scooter should have a higher position in the Muppets by now. He's been an intern for decades. I see Walter in his role with Scooter getting a much deserved promotion. Maybe having Scooter mentor him.

But again, this is all purely hypothetical. We don't know what the heck's gonna happen with the characters now.

17. BlakeConor14

Drtooth what would scooter do though anc he is not a gofer anymore

18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Walter could whistle.

Or he could do an act listing off as many Muppet facts as possible.

Or Kermit could put him in the position of Muppet archivist.

Duke Remington likes this.
  19. BlakeConor14

No way would I watch ealter whistle

20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd say that they should take a cue from the comics and promote Scooter to writer. Or at least a bigger backstage producer type deal. Either way, it only matters if it's that kind of show again. But even though they're an ageless troupe of fictitious characters, being the intern for that long? It's time to give Scooter his due. Especially since he's back.

I don't like the idea of Walter being absent completely from future projects. It's a depressing implication that the character went through all that to be part of the group only to have it pulled away.

I'm not saying he should be a main main character, but he should at least be recurring. Just as long as Andy and Randy and the parody pigs stay the freaking heck away from any future Muppet anything. They're terrible.

Duke Remington likes this.