Should Walter be a main character in place of Rowlf and Scooter?

should Walter be a major muppet

• yes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • no

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Eric jacobson ix doing fantastic with fozzie and I thought he was more idiotic in the muppets 2011 amd moo

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Facepalming all over your comments.

Seriously? Fozzy?! If you're going to complain about how the character isn't written right, at least spell his name right. Secondly? Voice actor?! Really? You know you just managed to put together the two most annoying Muppet Misconceptions. Though, yeah. Frank was reduced to voice actor ever since MFS. He phoned in his performances, and who could blame him. But other than that, puppeteer and voice actor are two different things.

HE...PICKED...HIS...NOSE in MFS! Fart shoes my foot (no pun intended). Picking his nose and saying his mommy wants him to wash his hands after going the bathroom like a 4 year old are far worse and further out of character. Fozzie's been heading in a downward spiral since MTI, where he played a character so it was technically alright. He's shown that sort of thing since before these two movies. Let's not act like it was an all the sudden thing specifically to these movies. And let's not forget that the writers that "get" the characters also gave us lobotomized Kermit in MFS who just smiled and waved and repeated old Get Smart jokes and completely out of character dated slang. Man, I miss complaining about that.
Who cares about nose picking, that was a gag intended for the younger crowd in the audience, every family movie has some, and he said mom, not mommy in MFS, big difference, the lines are not the same.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I love Walter but I think his role needs to be like a secondary character.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Who cares about nose picking, that was a gag intended for the younger crowd in the audience, every family movie has some, and he said mom, not mommy in MFS, big difference, the lines are not the same.
I don't see how the rage over fart shoes is still a thing and the nose picking thing is treated as a "so what?" Fozzie's always been a bad comedian. Fart shoes sound like a pathetic attempt to get a laugh, vulgar but in character. Picking his nose and talking like a 4 year old about washing hands is oversimplification that's a slippery slope to his dumber personality. Fozzie loves his mother, sure. But that line Flanderizes him into a child, rather than an adult with close feelings.

And heck, you could make the argument he went to the bathroom. A poo joke is still worse than a fart joke in my book.

The heck? I know how to spell Fozzy's name. Why are you telling me I don't know how to spell it properly?
Obviously you don't. Spelling Fozzie's name wrong is a big no no in Muppet fandom. We don't accept it from toy companies, we don't accept it from casual fans, we shouldn't accept it from members. Especially members that can argue about how something's not true to character.

And seriously... calling a puppeteer a voice actor is another big no no. Just putting that out there so you'll know better next time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And heck, you could make the argument he went to the bathroom. A poo joke is still worse than a fart joke in my book.
At least it's not as bad as Miss Piggy telling the others that she has to pee.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't see how the rage over fart shoes is still a thing and the nose picking thing is treated as a "so what?" Fozzie's always been a bad comedian.
I don't know who said "so what?" about MFS, but it certainly wasn't me, lol.

You act like everyone was cool with '90s Muppets and then suddenly they're hating on MMW. The '90s Muppet films have always had their share of criticism. There's no hypocrisy here.

Obviously you don't. Spelling Fozzie's name wrong is a big no no in Muppet fandom.
The writer who thought Fozzie was dumb would probably get the name right. I still have no interest in what he has to say, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Who cares about nose picking, that was a gag intended for the younger crowd in the audience, every family movie has some
Except The Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper, and Muppets Take Manhattan. :wink:

And when they did attempt some toilet humor (like with Rowlf in MTM), it was done with some indirect cleverness. It wasn't just a cheap, studio mandated gag.

And if I ever have kids, it's jokes like that that will keep me and my kids faaaaar away from family movies, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And when they did attempt some toilet humor (like with Rowlf in MTM), it was done with some indirect cleverness. It wasn't just a cheap, studio mandated gag.
I think I saw somebody mention a year or two ago that Rowlf's "why does everyone always blame dogs?" line in response to Martin Price saying that he smelled something was meant as a fart joke, but I had always thought of that as just him being accused of having a bad dog smell.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think I saw somebody mention a year or two ago that Rowlf's "why does everyone always blame dogs?" line in response to Martin Price saying that he smelled something was meant as a fart joke, but I had always thought of that as just him being accused of having a bad dog smell.
Well either way, it's bodily humor. And again, the joke isn't the smell or the noise, it's Rowlf standing up for his species, lol. Way more clever.