Show me your world

That Announcer

Reaction score
OK, I feel obligated to show you my oft-referenced family. This is a photo of us on the first day of our last-year trip to Florida. From left to right: My dad; my grandfather; my grandmother; my ma; and myself.

luvtosr

Reaction score
That's a really sweet photo, you're obviously very proud of your folks - it's a refreshing change!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
luvtosr said:
I was going through some old photos and found this .
Beautiful! And you say a hotel fell in the water? That's very interesting, I'd like to hear the story behind that!

TA; good to see you and your fam having such good times!

luvtosr

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Beautiful! And you say a hotel fell in the water? That's very interesting, I'd like to hear the story behind that!
Ah 'tis a sad tale of coastal erosion resulting in a landslide that took the hotel with it back in 1993. My Dad took me up to look at it later and it was so weird half the hotel was still standing and you could see all the furniture in disarray and there were a couple of towels on a rail just fluttering in the breeze.

Here's a few more pics.

These two are in a valley called the Glen that leads down to Peasholm Park - They're about ten minutes walk from town and the same from the beach (not the one in the other pic though) one two

This is a lily pond that is part way down the Glen.

These last two are taken in Peasholm Park which is at the bottom of the Glen. It's a little man-made boating lake with an island in the middle that is supposed to have a Chinese theme so there are loads of little pagodas hidden in the bushes. Apparently there are also plants growing there that can't be found anywhere else in Britain apart from controlled environments like Kew Gardens. I don't know which ones though but I do know there's a lot of wild garlic there and on a warm spring evening it smells wonderful! The little island shown here is in one of the little ponds that connect Peasholm to the Glen.

And if you were stood behind the hedgerow in the back ground here you would be about two hundred yards from the North Sea.

And the kid is my eldest - Oscar, he's three and a half.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Nice pics luvtosr, you live in a really beautiful area!
We recently just got a cat. She was a stray we found out in our parking lot and she fell in love with us and us with her INSTANTLY. So I thought I'd share our pretty little Destiny with the rest of you!
Destiny

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What a pretty cat!

And, the funny thing is: I don't like cats!!

luvtosr

Reaction score
Aaaw! She is beautiful. She looks just like a cat we had when I was growing up.

Ziffel

Reaction score
May I ask a question about the hyperlink, Vic? Just wondering if you know if the hyperlink feature can be used from emails. I have AOL, Yahoo, and MSN Hotmail email accounts and would like to be able to use the hyperlink whenever sending my family a link from a site I'd like them to see. But I can't find the feature on AOL. On MSN there is a "create link" but that just puts the link address as is on the screen. And for Yahoo there IS an "insert hyperlink" feature but when I insert the link it doesn't show up anywhere in the email message text I am sending.
No big deal. Would just be a neat feature to be able to use sometimes since it makes it look cleaner and more professional, like you say. :smile:

And nice cat, Vic. My family and me are all cat lovers. Problem is I used to be allergic to them badly and now still have a little trouble if I pick them up and get cat hair on my shirt.

luvtosr

Reaction score
I find on MSN that just typing in the URL creates a link. I couldn't help you with the others