shows within a show with different video titles

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has anybody ever noticed how most Sesame Street videos that involve a "show within a show" setting that the title of the show-within-a-show is different from the main video title?

Examples:
  • The Alphabet Game - Alphabet Treasure Hunt
  • Count It Higher: Great Music Videos from Sesame Street - The Count's Countdown Show
  • Monster Hits - The Fuzzy Awards
  • Rock & Roll - The Rock & Roll Request Show
  • A New baby in My House - Prince Firstly's Surprise (not really a show within a show, though)

Of course there are some where the show within a show are also the title of the video, like Elmo's Sing-Along Guessing Game and Dance-Along (I think the show-within-a-show there is "The Sesame Street Dance-Along", but it's close enough).

cjd874

Reaction score
Don't forget about the Learning about Numbers video from 1986. That featured Big Bird's Numbers Show, with the Count, Grover, Kermit, Ernie, the Honkers, Chip and Dip, and the legendary Tarnish Brothers, as well as some classic number-oriented cartoons and films.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And while I don't think it was neccessarily a "show within a show", there's Big Bird's Number Show in Getting Ready to Read.

cjd874

Reaction score
And while I don't think it was neccessarily a "show within a show", there's Big Bird's Number Show in Getting Ready to Read.
I'm confused...do you mean Big Bird's hotline in Getting Ready to Read?