Sideshow Muppet Busts at 360 degrees!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got a note from Chris at Sideshow Toys that they've added full 360 degree views of the series 1 busts on their Web site (Kermit, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker and Rowlf). You will need the latest Flash plug-in to view the turnarounds. The busts are set to ship in October and look fantastic with lots of detail.

Check it out here!

The pre-order special for series 1 is still underway.

Let us know what you think about the series one busts! Which one is your favorite and why? Would you make any changes to them or do you like them the way they are?

kermiefan

Reaction score
Why do certain ones cost more than others? I like all of them but don't think they are anything I am looking to put in my collection.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
The detail on these are amazing!

If only I had room, though. The figures alone are eventually gonna dominate my shelf space, as they continue to build the complete muppets cast!

Mini die-cast cars, playsets, figures, busts, badges, a big die-cast racer, racing bobbleheads ...

If only I had a den or poolroom!!

Daniel:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kermit looks a lot better here. I see they are going for a more modern look and coloring. I'm wondering if that is a Henson decision. Nonetheless, these are great. Love the texture on Rowlf! Wow.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Wow, those are amazing! Maybe if i dip in to my college tuition fund a tiny bit...:big_grin:

GWGumby

Reaction score
I find it interesting that the overall hard-core Muppet fan opinion is "These are great but..."
- I can't afford them.
and/or
- I don't have room for them.

That's my feeling too. So who is the market for these busts? Hard-core collectors who sorta like Muppets? Rich Muppet fans with lots of shelf space?

I absolutely adore these busts, but the price and practicality of the items means that unless I won these in a contest, I doubt I'd ever be able to justify getting them.

Luke

Reaction score
I think they are all great, although i have mixed feelings on the base design. As Jamie says they are going for a modern look with some characters, but with Miss Piggy (when i last saw her) and some of the others they were quite firmly classic (even more so than Palisades) 'Muppet Show' in style so it's a bit of a mix.

I also wonder about how many of these they are actually going to sell, but hopefully being less of a mass manufactured and niche thing it shouldn't affect the longetivity of the line. The price isn't too bad for something of this kind but i can understand the everyday Muppet fan finding it expensive compared to the Muppet stuff we are used to.

I hope that if Chris at Sideshow is reading he can jump in and field some questions, or maybe Phil can (or maybe has already) extend an invitation to him to come and post.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just the Kermit looks new, the others look rather classic. I really hope they haven't pulled Piggy to "modernize" her look. That would really peave me (and probably several others). That Piggy sculpt really was fantastic.

Luke

Reaction score
I thought Scooter looked new-ish too, but maybe not. The Kermit in the Toy Fair photos looks like a classic version, the one to pre-order as you say looks totally modern. (does anyone else see that or am i losing my eyesight ?) So i guess you may well be right that Piggy (which as you say was fantastic) is off to me modernized. Bunsens looks so freakily like the Palisades figure, same pose, colors and everything. Anyway at least Scooter seems to have his glasses in the right place.