Sideshow Muppet Busts at 360 degrees!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
<<at least Scooter seems to have his glasses in the right place.
>>

LOL! Both Kermits look rather similar to me. It always appeared kind of strange - like not quite classic Kermit. He's still wonderful though. Lets hope they leave our Piggy alone. Maybe some purple gloves, but that's all. The Bunsen's pose is conspicuous, but like the color, it probably came from Henson.

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Miss Piggy Sideshow bust photo

Hey,

Where is a link to the Miss Piggy photo from the line. I have yet to find it or have otherwise over looked it.

Many Thanks
Chad

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They removed the picture from their main page - we think it's because of retooling. It really is fantastic. Some have commented about her red dress and gloves, others have said her hair looks a little wet, but most really think she's one of the best busts in the series. I hope they don't mess with it too much!

HERE'S A LINK WHERE I POSTED THE PIC- http://www.jamesvier.com/etc/misspiggy_main.jpg

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
... others have said her hair looks a little wet...
Yeah, it does look a little wet. Not so much in that it glistens, but more so in that it looks flat, like it is not quite dry yet.

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Side Show Bust Discounts

Hi gang,

I am a retailer of the busts. And would like to offer the busts at Discount prices to Muppet Central folks. I will be offering each individual bust for 25% off retail price and each set at 30% off retail price. Shipping and insurance will be extra. They will be shipped by Priority Mail. Let me know if any of you are interested or would like more information. Hope this will help some of you collect the series.

Many Thanks
Chad Kermit

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I think these things are so freakin' awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff we are working on, but MAN these sculpts are exceptional and don't have to be adjusted for joints.

Little things really jazz me, like the profile of Bunsen...they really nailed the profile and the slop of the forehead. Great stuff. I hope I can get all of these.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The only way they could have made Scooter look "new-ish" would have been if they put him inside of a box with some cobwebs :big_grin:

...one thing that has to be said though (and i lost the toss)...

360 DEGREES?! WHADDAYA NUTS? WON'T THEY MELT?

GWGumby

Reaction score
Re: Side Show Bust Discounts

Originally posted by Chad Kermit
Hi gang,

I am a retailer of the busts. And would like to offer the busts at Discount prices to Muppet Central folks. I will be offering each individual bust for 25% off retail price and each set at 30% off retail price. Shipping and insurance will be extra. They will be shipped by Priority Mail. Let me know if any of you are interested or would like more information. Hope this will help some of you collect the series.

Many Thanks
Chad Kermit
Do you have a site with a link we could follow? What is retail price? The price that Sideshow is selling them for on their site? What is the name of your store? How do we specify that we're from Muppet Central?

My interest is definitely heightened with the sound of "discount" but more information would be appreciated.

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
For those who have seen them, or have read their dimensions, and also know a bit about Star Wars, can you tell me how the size up to the Dark Horse Star Wars mini busts? Are they the same size, or at least negligibly (sp?) close? Im going to start building a display cabinet for my Star Wars mini busts, and figured I may as well go ahead and invest the time and money in one for my future Muppet collection as well, and wanted to know if I could just size the two the same, and get the same effect. Ultimately, I want to build a case that resembles the display Sideshow has on their site about the busts. Any help would be appreciated! If you've seen the display case in person, and could give dimensions, that would be AWESOME!

Thanks!
Adam

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Wow these things look really great! I like how they gonzo's hair/feathers sticking up randomly. Gives life to the sculpture! Rowlf's fur is also great looking. Since I am a big Rowlf fan I think he'll be the one I get... if I can find one to buy. Are comic/speciality stores going to be selling them?

Thanks to frogboy4 for the posted pic of Piggy. What can they do to make her better I wonder. I think that sculpt looks fantastic! I would buy it, after Rowlf that is, and probably Gonzo too.