Signing Out of Yahoo! Messenger...perminetly?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I signed up with Yahoo! messenger for only one reason: to receive files from a friend that couldn't be sent in regular e-mail. Since then, I've gotten Yahoo pop ups, and Yahoo Tool bar, and a Yahoo "you've got mail" message. I want all of this to go away, without cancelling my e-mail count. How can I do this?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well, you can keep your email account and access it on the web. I'm assuming you're on a PC, so go to your control panel and select "add or remove programs". Yahoo Messenger, toolbar, and mail updates should be on that list somewhere. I have yahoo mail but have since gotten rid of the Messenger, though it's better than most others. That should do the trick. :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
I think you could uninstall yahoo messenger (or if you want to keep it for possible future use, you can set it so it doesn't come on your screen unless you manually click for it to. I have yahoo messenger installed but haven't used it for a long time. But I still use a yahoo email account. To access it without using messenger, just go to yahoo.com and at the very right of the red yahoo! click on mail. Then enter your email address and password and it takes you to your yahoo email inbox. You can check your yahoo email from any computer this way too. Oh, I see Mrs. Pepper just typed in a reply. Well I'll still submit this too. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That did the trick! Thank you Mrs. Pepper, and Ziffel. Now then, a moderator may close this thread.