1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Jun 17, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

My dad's real name is James, and he's always been a little scrawny guy, so as a kid, whenever my mom would talk about "Boney James," I always assumed it was some kind of a nickname she came up for him, it wasn't until a few years after that that I learned that Boney James was a real jazz musician.

ConsummateVs and Pig's Laundry like this.
  2. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

So, you know how in another thread I mentioned wanting to live inside a Bob Ross painting?

Well, when I was young, I always wished I could jump inside paintings like Mario could in Mario 64. Thankfully, I wasn't stupid enough to actually try to.

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, especially ones fall-related.

4. ConsummateVs

For almost my entire life, I thought Mrs. Butterworth's was called "Mrs. Buttersworth". Anyone else?

5. LittleJerry92

Can’t say I have. But i’ve always wanted to try their maple syrup (they’re hard to find in my grocery store).

....or maybe I’m just not looking hard enough, I dunno.

6. ConsummateVs

I have a funny story from when I was in preschool.

At the end of each week, each of us could pick a prize out of our prize box to take home. Well, one week, one of the prizes in there was this little Happy Meal-sized plush of (if I can recall correctly) Simba from The Lion King.

I wanted it really badly, and when one of the other kids took it before I could, I started crying and threw a small tantrum. And so I had to settle for something else instead (I believe a toy car).

5 year olds can make such a big deal out of little things like that. :laugh:

7. LittleJerry92

Oh yeah, for sure.

Reminds me of when I had a temper tantrum over the fact that I saw an ERTL Oliver the Great Western Engine toy in a now-defunct toy store near my house (they had a lot of ERTL Thomas toys at that time; I got the Bill and Ben ones and didn’t notice Oliver until the last minute). I think I was like 3 at the time.

I remember I tried running back and almost got hit by a car (my mom was able to grab me).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  8. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

When I was in 2nd or 3rd Grade, I always said that I wanted to be the bear from the obscure video game, Crystal Castles.

I mean, yeah I'm a furry and all so it's natural for me to imagine life as a cartoon animal but that bear was a borderline villain. The entire point of the game is that he was a thief who broke into a witch's house and selfishly stole the honey she was using to make a potion with.

Why out of every furry character out there would I choose him? lol.

9. D'Snowth

That in and of itself reminds me of the time in Grade 1, and I may have mentioned this before, where I was playing a game of Mouse Trap with some other kids . . . and I was losing . . . and sure enough, when I lost the game, I threw a major tantrum: I was screaming, I was kicking and pounding the floor, I was banging my head into the wall, everything. The teacher took me out into the hallway for a time out, and then later gave me the age-old lecture about how it's not important whether you win or lose, but that you have fun and all that jazz - which I did not give a crap about, lol.

10. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

That's like saying Reese's Piecies instead of Pieces. :D

11. D'Snowth

Some people pronounce it "Ree-see's."

As a kid, I thought certain words that ended with the letter 'D' like "stupid" or "second" were spelled "stupit" or "secont," because a lot of people pronounced those words with such a hard emphasis on the 'D' sound at the end that they sounded like they ended in 'T'.

12. LittleJerry92

Speaking of which, as a kid, it took me awhile to figure out the cereal was based off the candy.

Yes, I'm slow, I know. :shifty:

13. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

It took me forever to figure out that Bart Simpson's name is supposed to be a play on the word "brat".

14. Benjiex

Benjiex Member

I put a pin on the chair of my classmate and he sat on it. :)

Froggy Fool likes this.
  15. ConsummateVs

...Guilty.

LittleJerry92 and D'Snowth like this.
  16. D'Snowth

One time in kindergarten, I was eating a banana at lunch, then threw the peel into the middle of the floor for someone to slip on . . . because that's how they did it in the cartoons. :p