1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Jun 17, 2012.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Back when Power Rangers became Power Rangers Zeo, I would often say "There's no such thing as Power Rangers... There's Power Rangers Zeo!" Of course, not counting the brief Alien Rangers series this was the first Power Rangers show to have a new format and costumes and such.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Which brings to mind this comic...

http://idget.comicgenesis.com/d/20100130.html
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how many times I've had to tell my grandmother what something is called. She even gets one word names wrong. For a while she kept insisting blogs where called blobs.

It also took me forever to teacher her that when you use the internet, you "go online" not "go on the line"
  4. D'Snowth

Kind of like someone I know can't make up her mind whether or not they're pronounced "vlogs" or "vee-logs".
  5. Sgt Floyd

I still have no idea if "pwned" is pronounced "pawned" or liked "owned" with a p at the start. I've heard it said both ways by various people :p
  6. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

When I got babysat by my grandparents. They didn't have any dolls for me to play with. They had this shoebox filled with crayons and I use to play school with them. Some crayons were teachers. While others were students. I use to roll the students crayons over the floor when I was pretending that they were riding a bus.
    Fragglemuppet and KirbTreelo05 like this.
  7. D'Snowth

I've always pronounced it "pawned", but now that you've brought it up, I'm wondering if mayhbe it IS "owned", but some made the most epic fail typo in history by accidentally typing it with a P instead of an O, and it caught on.

Like nobody knows EXACTLY how to pronounce "meme", though the most common accepted pronunciation is "meem".
  8. Sgt Floyd

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/owned-pwned

Not even Know Your Meme has a straightforward answer.

Jack Black says p-owned. And everyone knows Jack Black is the person you go to for video game and music culture :p
  9. catherine

catherine Active Member

the imaginary friend, i use to have was in star wars and is now a grandad.
  10. D'Snowth

Speaking of memes and not knowing exactly how they're supposed to be said and whatnot, I'm a little confused as to what exactly the male equivilant of a Mary Sue is supposed to be... some say it's "Gary Stu", some say "Marty Stu"... which is it?
  11. Sgt Floyd

Know Your Meme says both are correct :p
  12. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I used to do the teacher/school thing with the canned goods (veggies, etc.) that my dad brought home from the store. I'd sit on the kitchen floor and the biggest can (sweet potatoes, it was, one time) was the teacher, leading the rest of the can students onto the bus.

My mom always made me ask my dad permission first when I wanted to "play cans".
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I also did something similar to that once or twice...I don't know why, I guess I was bored with my actual toys, so I took some cans from the kitchen, brought them into the living room and just played with them...
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I used to like to play grocery store with the cans and boxes from the pantry when I was little. I would make my mother "buy" stuff until she had to cook with it, haha.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Reminds me, I used to play store with my dad a lot. We would gather all kinds of items from around the house and put them on display in our living room, and then we would take turns walking in and pretending to be a customer...the pain of course, was cleaning up...
  16. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

When I was a kid, I used to think the phrase "suit yourself" was "shoot yourself." ._.;
  17. D'Snowth

When I was like two and three, I actually thought a secret was something you were SUPPOSED to share with other people.
  18. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

When I was about 4, and we were staying at my maternal grandparents' house, my mom was helping my grandma make dinner (spaghetti, I believe) and she was working with some raw ground beef on the cutting board. Now, far cry from my being an animal rights vegan chick now, I love my mom's meat sauce as a kid. So I picked a piece of raw meat off of the cutting board and, well, three guesses as to what I did with it...
  19. TheWoodringman

TheWoodringman Active Member

When I was in elementary school I used to think a lot of things...
    Like for one, I used to think that I was a cartoon character and used to go around telling everyone about me being a cartoon and such.
    I also thought I was a famous baseball player, a fighter pilot in WWII, a famous actor, a famous musician and a video game character.
    But, I've grown out of that phase now....It stinks to get older.
  20. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Playing store with groceries! Oh wow I'd totally forgotten that. I can one-up you though...mine was HOOPER'S store! Built out of a pillow fort!

--------------