1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember watching something that talks about that and they have to custom make pillows that will break open so the feathers will fly out. Something about it looking more exciting *shrugs*
  2. Hubert Well-Known Member

I remember that when I was little, there was someone at church that worked at a rehabilitation-type center for teenagers who had criminal histories and things in that sort, and often times he brought some with him to church. I remember having a constant fear that in the middle of church (or even after), one of them would come up to me and randomly beat me up, to the point when I didn't want to go to church anymore...

You were pretty at one point as a kid? I'm sorry you aren't now... :)

(Sorry...I tried, yet failed to resist that one...)
    Fragglemuppet and newsmanfan like this.
  3. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

*Head desk*

Epic typo of the century...

Reminds me of a time in Grade 7, when in science class, we were divided in groups on a project, and had to read from our text books... when it came my turn to read, I accidentally said "fer" instead of "for"... needless to say, I did NOT hear the end of it for the rest of that year.
  4. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

And that reminds me of the time I was in the car with my dad and a friend. I was trying to tell my dad to turn off the window locks so I could roll down the window, but I said "win-der" instead. The rest of the day was...well... X_x
  5. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

What did you need to roll down the winder fer? Were you hot?
  6. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I honestly don't remember XD
  7. Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm mad at you. I'm sitting in a room with someone else in it, with my hand over my mouth, trying to stifle my laughter. I'm practically crying I'm laughing so hard...

Now I keep picturing you, sitting in a rocking chair years from now, saying "Hey sonny, would you open the win-der? It's hot in here!"
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  8. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Eh? Whats that, sonny? You wanna do the limbo?
    Fragglemuppet and Hubert like this.
  9. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------
    You take that back! He is NOT a bimbo!!

-------------
  10. Hubert Well-Known Member

:o: Aah, Mr. Bimbo must be back from the moon!
  11. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Sailing for adventure on the big blue wet thiiiiiing. :o
  12. Hubert Well-Known Member

:o: Aah, Mr. Bimbo, I didn't know you had such a wonderful singing voice!
  13. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

All this reminds me of when my sister and I used to make fun of those commercials where they would encourage hard-of-hearing people (mostly targeted at elderly people, by the by) to call for more information on hearing aid options.
  14. Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

Speaking of feathers, I used to think Big Bird was made of corn. His feathers just looked like corn to me.
    KirbTreelo05 and Hubert like this.
  15. Lola p Well-Known Member

I always thought Tom Servo was scary when I was like 7.

So, much like when I was scared of Sesame Street, one of my grandmothers put me in my living room and put an episode of MST3K on. And before long, I wasnt scared anymore...

And now I think Tom is one of the best characters on the show... XD
  16. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I used to do the same, pretending blocks and such were people.
  17. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I pretended the blocks were animals, my parents were like tall mountain beings (sad but true) and I thought Gobo was a stubborn Fraggle. Now that I am all grownup, Gobo is brave and smart, blocks are block and silly creatures are silly creatures.
    Yorick likes this.
  18. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I thought certain cliffs or holes led to bottomless areas. Most notably in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, I thought that the cliff Yukon Cornelius fell off of was bottomless, and wondered how the abominable snowman could bounce his way up. Ditto with the cliff that Rudoph knocked a log into during the "Fame and Fortune" number.

When I was in the fifth grade I suddenly wondered if my parents had some magic screen where they could watch what I was doing when they weren't around me. I don't know why I thought this (my parents didn't put this thought into my head, for example).

The first time I saw a magic 8-ball in the store, I asked it if I would get a present that day. The 8-ball said yes... And then I didn't get a present that day. Because of that I thought that magic 8-balls were liars (though that didn't stop me from asking for one for Christmas).

When I saw the commercial for the Aladdin video game and it was said that you could get wishes, I thought you really could wish for anything with the game, as opposed to the so-called "wishes" being the ability to choose either an extra life or extra continue. It doesn't help that in the commercial a kid was shown turning somebody into something (I don't recall any disclaimers that you couldn't do that). At the time I didn't know what Frank Oz or Richard Hunt looked like and planned on using the game to wish to know what they looked like.

On a similar note, I thought Wishing Trolls could actually grant wishes. There was a commercial where kids were wishing for things, sort of implying that they'd actually come true, though thinking back on it I don't think they actually showed the kids magically getting their wishes granted. I remember getting a Wishing Troll and wishing it would be Christmas, and not getting that wish.
  19. robodog Active Member

This is probably the dumbest thing I thought as a kid. Once I got a small vinyl poseable figure of Gizmo from the movie Gremlins. I hadn't seen the movie yet so I didn't really know anything about the character, just that I thought it was neat looking. On the box was printed the rules regarding caring for him ( No light, no water, no food after midnight ) Now for I didn't pay any attention to the rules regarding light or food after midnight but for some reason I became absolutely convinced that something terrible would happen if I ever got it wet. Why I latched onto that one rule over the others I'll never know. Since I hadn't seen the movie I wasn't sure what was supposed to happen just that it would be bad. So I kept that toy far away from anything wet. Finally my mom got sick of me worrying over it. She took the toy and held it under the faucet. Once I realized nothing would happen I had a new bath and pool buddy.
    Yorick likes this.
  20. Hubert Well-Known Member

When I was little, and my parents decided to get a wooden wishing well to put in our yard, I thought they were referring to a "wishing whale" rather than a "wishing well," and thought that there was going to be some living whale wearing a crown in our yard that I could go and make wishes to. So after the wishing well was stationed in our yard, I looked at it and asked, "That's the wishing whale?"
    CaseytheMuppet and KirbTreelo05 like this.