Similarities between Tony Randall and Linda Ronstadt TMS Episodes

Reaction score
I've noticed Tony Randall's episode,where he accidently turns Miss Piggy into stone,and Linda Ronstadt's episode,where Miss Piggy locks Kermit in a trunk,share a similar pattern.

Here is what I mean.
When Miss Piggy was turned into stone,her Pigs In Space colleagues Link and Strangepork accidently turn her back to normal.But that was not to last.Once Miss Piggy starts threatening her fellow pigs,they change her back into stone.Finally during Tony Randall's final guest spot,Scooter comes up with a magic word that can turn a statue into a pig,"Pigskin"Miss Piggy is back to normal,perminently this time.During the closing goodnights,when Tony Randall explains to Kermit exactly how the incident happened,Kermit turns into stone.

Miss Piggy is so jealous of Kermit's special liking to guest star Linda Ronstadt,she locks him in a trunk.When Linda Ronstadt comes upon the trunk itself,she unlocks it and discovers Kermit.But when she walks upstairs to her dressing room,after singing"I've Got A Crush On You"to Kermit,Miss Piggy comes and locks the trunk again.(Therefor Kermit remains locked in the trunk throughout most of the episode,with everyone else wondering where he is.)Finally just before the episode's finale,Linda and Piggy get into a dispute over the frog.When they both reach an understanding,they let Kermit out of the trunk.During the closing goodnights,Miss Piggy is somehow locked in the trunk.

I realise the circumstances of each episode are totally different.But has anyone else noticed the similarities?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recall there being a thread about this a long time ago, back in 2002-ish.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Though the Tony Randall episode is a little weird, I mean TMS is a show that takes place in reality, how would someone turn to stone, they were probably running out of ideas, most of season five is not as good as season two through four in terms of quality.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Though the Tony Randall episode is a little weird, I mean TMS is a show that takes place in reality, how would someone turn to stone, they were probably running out of ideas, most of season five is not as good as season two through four in terms of quality.
How would someone get Cluckitis and turn into a chicken?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
How would someone get Cluckitis and turn into a chicken?
But, that was an epedemic that is in the muppet world, turning someone into stone is magic which is not how the muppet world works or the muppet villians would be turned into stone which makes a different picture.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
But, that was an epedemic that is in the muppet world, turning someone into stone is magic which is not how the muppet world works or the muppet villians would be turned into stone which makes a different picture.
Ok. I don't think there are rules to the Muppet Universe though