Simon and Garfunkel Reunion Announcement

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
On Tuesday, Simon and Garfunkel are slated to make an official announcement regarding a long-awaited reunion tour launching this fall. Art announced on the NBC morning show in June that a reunion tour was in the works, but the details have been sketchy up until now. Recently the Everly Brothers announced on their site that the tour was a go and that they had been invited to participate becuase "Simon and Garfunkel wouldn't exist if it weren't for the Everly Brothers." Man, is that going to be one AWESOME tour - if Paul and Art can keep their tempers in check long enough to make it work. :halo: It sounds like they have been getting along a lot better these days. I can't wait to find out if they'll be coming anywhere near Erie!!!!!! :flirt:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
It's official!!!!!!! :big_grin: They just held an hour-long press conference in NYC, and the Old Friends tour begins October 8! They'll be concentrating on their Simon and Garfunkel music, trying to recapture that era, particularly for the fans from the first time around. They'll probably be doing a few songs from their solo careers, like "Slip Slidin' Away" and "American Tune," but mainly the songs they recorded as a duo. It was a great press conference. They sang "Old Friends," "Homeward Bound," and "The Boxer" and took a lot of questions from the audience. I wish I could have seen it, but just from listening their affection for one another was quite evident. It seems they have put, as Paul termed it, their "squabbles" behind them. They have no plans to tour Europe, but who knows? That could change. Art also indicated that another album together is a possibility. I am, as Art said, "blissed out"!!!! I just can't wait to find out the stops on their tour - should be forthcoming in the next couple days!!!!!!!!
Erin :stick_out_tongue: :frown: (well, that's as close to Paul and Artie as I can come...I hope Artie's a little happier than that!!!)

Aaron

Reaction score
tour cites

concerts:

Auburn Hills, MIchigan
Cleveland, Ohio
COlumbus, Ohio
Chicago, Illinois
St. Paul, Minnesota
Denver, Colorado
Seattle, Washington
Portland, Oregon
San JOse, California
Oakland, California
Las Vegas, Neveda
Phoenix, Arizona
St. Louis, MIssouri
Sacramento, California
Anaheim, California
San DIego, California
Los Angeles, California
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Hartford, Connecticut
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
New York City
Philadelphia, Pensylvania
East Rutherford, New Jersey
Boston, Massachussetts
Washington, DC
Atlanta, Georgia
Tampa, Florida,
Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, FLorida

MOre info on website as available.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Weeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Thanks, Aaron! Cleveland is very good news; Columbus isn't bad either. Emmy will be very happy about that! I've got cousins in Dayton, too; they're probably be glad to hear it too!
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Man! I just realized there are a lot of dates in California, aren't there??? It seems a little disproportionate. I feel bad for fans who don't have a concert coming anywhere near them, and even worse for all the European fans. :sympathy: I think they may be even more popular there than here.
Erin

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hmmm...there would be three options for us--Denver or Las Vegas are each about 7 hours away, or Phoenix, which is 12 hours, but we've got family down there...

We'll see what the schedule is like.

:halo: :crazy:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
Hmmm...there would be three options for us--Denver or Las Vegas are each about 7 hours away, or Phoenix, which is 12 hours, but we've got family down there...

We'll see what the schedule is like.

:halo: :crazy:
That stinks there's nothing closer for you, but I hope you can make it anyway, Quinn!!!! Having read your Simon and Garfunkel reviews I know you're as big a fanatic as I am, and it's sure to be an incredible series of concerts!!!! :big_grin: Let's hope the friendship holds...

You haven't ever seen them perform together, have you? I know there was the fateful 1983 tour, and a few dates in 1993, but not much else recently...
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, looks like October 20 and/or October 22 for me. Did you get the dates yet, Quinn? Denver is October 30, Vegas November 8, and Pheonix November 9. :smile:
Erin