Simon and Garfunkel Reunion Announcement

Gonzo

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
That stinks there's nothing closer for you, but I hope you can make it anyway, Quinn!!!! Having read your Simon and Garfunkel reviews I know you're as big a fanatic as I am, and it's sure to be an incredible series of concerts!!!! :big_grin: Let's hope the friendship holds...

You haven't ever seen them perform together, have you? I know there was the fateful 1983 tour, and a few dates in 1993, but not much else recently...
Erin
...I've never seen them live, no. I have the concert in central park, of course...but haven't seen them with my own one-two eyes.

And those concert dates are...problematic...we'll see. School, work, family...and we have to be back down in Phoenix for Thanksgiving...

:sympathy:

Maybe I'll just buy the inevitable DVD.

I hope they can play nicely this time.

:halo:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
Maybe I'll just buy the inevitable DVD.

I hope they can play nicely this time.

Yeah, I hope so too! They seem to be getting along well. I do hope they come out with a DVD; I think you're right, they'd be crazy not to. :crazy:
Erin

Gonzo

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Yeah, I hope so too! They seem to be getting along well. I do hope they come out with a DVD; I think you're right, they'd be crazy not to. :crazy:
Erin
STILL CRAZY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS????

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I might try to go (They play here in November); I dunno. Tix are outrageously priced ($200 for the most expensive and $50 the least ... and it's an arena!), but this'll probably be the only chance to see them live. Together, I mean. There'll probably be other chances in the future to see each of them solo.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
trekkie1701E said:
I might try to go (They play here in November); I dunno. Tix are outrageously priced ($200 for the most expensive and $50 the least ... and it's an arena!), but this'll probably be the only chance to see them live. Together, I mean. There'll probably be other chances in the future to see each of them solo.
From what I can see, the most expensive tickets in Cleveland are $127, unless there's a secret level they're not advertising. They did say something about VIP seats, but I got the impression those were by invitation. I'm definitely going, but not sure at what level.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, we were going to go for the mid-priced tickets, but they went on pre-sale today and I just ended up going for the best available. So we spent $550 on mid-level seats for the four of us. Outrageous... I'm bummed that there weren't any floor available. I tried right at 10 when they went on sale but didn't get through until like 20 after. But they still should be nice seats even though they're off the ground. I hope they're worth the extra cost. I wish I could get backstage passes!!!!!! To make up for the extra cost I gave my parents $250 total so they wouldn't be paying more than 100 each (that's with my brother too). Hope that works out ok.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Simon and Garfunkel sang "Old Friends," "Homeward Bound," and "Scarborough Fair" on GMA this morning and had a nice little chat with Diane Sawyer. Asked to descrive the reason for their breakup in one word, Art said "tiredness" (which Paul then questioned as an actual word :stick_out_tongue:) and Paul said "ego." When Diane said she didn't think she and her husband could get along throughout a 30-city tour, Art said, "Well, leave Mike home and come with us!!" :crazy: Then Paul said how when they were on the road in the sixties they roomed together and were thrilled they were staying in a Holiday Inn and that by putting in a quarter they could make the bed vibrate. LOL! I just love listening to them talk. The banter is great, and they're so nostalgic and funny. Art in particular is very well-spoken, and Paul seems to have a knack for finding the humor in situations. I also noticed that they kept patting each other on the back during or after each song. Their affection was extremely apparent. And at the end they both gave Diane a hug. It was so sweet. I love Diane Sawyer; she's hands-down my favorite woman in broadcasting. I just feel bad Charlie Gibson and Tony Perkins had to miss it!
Erin

BJC899

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
STILL CRAZY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS????

I have a story...

My aunt is a "big person" at the Grammy. This past year, the Grammys were in NYC. I had two tickets to go, but my mom didn't want to pay about a grand for a limo and stuff. The Grammys opened with Simon and Garfunkel, singing. My aunt said they didn't stop yelling at eachother the whole time. Backstage at the grammy's there is this HUGE press room. It's called "going to press" when you visit that room. After anyone comes off the stage, they go to press, for about 2 hours. Simon didn't do anything, and I belive he didn't do all of press. Garfunkel did ALL the talking, and they were arguing even in front of the cameras.

*Little Tidbit* Simon walked in on the brown hair dickie chick, nursers her new son.

I don't know if this tour is such a good idea for them. They really need to be kept apart, and there most likely be no "emotion" when they are singing.

:zany:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
BJC899 said:
My aunt said they didn't stop yelling at eachother the whole time. Backstage at the grammy's there is this HUGE press room. It's called "going to press" when you visit that room. After anyone comes off the stage, they go to press, for about 2 hours. Simon didn't do anything, and I belive he didn't do all of press. Garfunkel did ALL the talking, and they were arguing even in front of the cameras.

*Little Tidbit* Simon walked in on the brown hair dickie chick, nursers her new son.

I don't know if this tour is such a good idea for them. They really need to be kept apart, and there most likely be no "emotion" when they are singing.

:zany:
Yeah, I know that the Grammys were kinda awkward, and made many fans think that a reunion tour was definitely out. They did do a lot of fighting, but then they hadn't been planning to sing together until pretty much the last minute. It was the first time they'd sung together in years. So yeah, the tension was definitely there, and I don't think the Grammy performance was anything to write home about, other than the fact that it actually happened. But the Grammys were the impetus for them repairing their relationship. You can tell just watching them that they are much more comfortable with one another again now. And while I didn't think they really had the old magic singing together on the Grammys, it was definitely back in the several performances I have heard in the past week. And actually, the whole thing seems to be borne out of emotion; Paul's voice cracked with emotion on Letterman, and whenever I see them singing they keep grinning and patting each other on the back. I think it's a really beautiful thing. :smile:
Erin

P.S. I heard that about Paul in the dressing room - how embarrassing!!! :stick_out_tongue: