Sing Along (on the roof)

Censored

Reaction score
Here are some thoughts about the Sing Along tape (which of course, was taken from an actual television show).

Did you notice that throughout the whole thing, poor David kept trying to suggest a song, but no one would listen to him?

You'd think Maria might have been tempted to show Biff and Sully the correct way to fix something.

Did Frank Oz make a mistake during the skit with Madeline Kahn when he started singing "Yo ho ho" and she told him to wait? I can't see any reason for including that part in the script.

Why did Oscar change the verse of La-De-Da-De-Dum to where it doesn't rhyme? Originally, in the 70's, it was "They go La -De-Da-De-Dum, La-De-Da-De-Dum, La-De-Da-De-THEN, La-De-Da-De-Dum, La-De-Da-De, then they start it all over again." When Oscar sang it in this 80's version, he said, "They go La -De-Da-De-Dum, La-De-Da-De-Dum, La-De-Da-De-DUM, La-De-Da-De-Dum, La-De-Da-De, then they start it all over again." Is making a song not rhyme part of being a grouch?

And, although I've asked this before, why in the world would they have Biff say, "I call myself a Republican." on the tape version of Sing Along? They had to dub in something over the letter and number of the day, but why that?

Make of it all what you will.

Later

:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1.Yes it was sad, David never had a chance to suggest a song, and I'm sure he had some great songs.

2. Probably to keep up the comedy of the video.

3. I don't know, I thought he did that on purpose.

4. Who knows what Oscar's thinking?

5. Maybe he's not a Democrat, or not Neutral.

Ernie101

Reaction score
I will get back to you.. I need to go watch that tape again.. its been awhile.