Sing, sing a song - Songs you love, songs you hate...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Van Halen....ouch! Who decided to torture me with a link to that thing? Eeech! I agree with you guys...that man sucks...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Rawr!!

There are very few things I hate. But I will say that I don't really like hip-hop and rap too much. However, there are a few exceptions because I LOVE the Black Eyed Peas and Fergie (who used to be in the BEP but then made a solo album). They are really upbeat and fun, I like listening to them when I'm doing homework becuase it keeps me working.

Dan will kill me, but I don't like Vanessa Carleton or other wimpy pop girls who really can't sing. I will say that Vanessa does play piano beautifully, but that I did buy her CD a few years ago when it came out and I gave it away to somenody because i found it on the whole, very annoying. Her voice is swingy and slouchy. But I love Kelly Clarkson because she can really belt it out.

My current favourite artist (for some time now) is Sam Roberts. He's a canadian indie rock singer, he's completely amazing. I love all of his songs. And he's an amazing songwriter. I can listen all day.
EVERYONE should check him out! (if you look him up on amazon.com you can hear samples of his songs!) My favourites are Hard Road, Brother Down, Bridge to Nowhere, With a Bullet, and An American Draft Dodger in Thunder Bay. GO NOW!!!

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
My favorites:

The Night Chicago Died- Can't remember the guys who sang this. I like the lyrics and the rythm. I heard the guys who made this had never been to Chicago before making it.

Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel's music. I love the songs they do, one of my favorites thet do is "Mrs. Robinson".

Billy Joel is another one of my favorite singers. One of my favorite songs he does is "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me".

And I also like Bon Jovi. One of my favorites they sing is "Living on a Prayer"
---------------------
One of the songs I hate is "Skater Boy" because my sisters used to play this all the time.:mad:

Another song I dislike is "Sexy Back" mainly because it was on the radio too much IMO. When I first heard it I thought it was about the guy saying his back was sexy.:confused:

Kiki

Reaction score
Well, I'm a 70's child at heart. I love 60's and 80's too but 70's is just my all-time fave era. For music, fashion, etc. Which is weird cause I wasn't alive during the 1970's. But I just love all the music. :smile:
I'm rully sorry if I offend anyone but... I hate modern music, ARGHHH!! I hate it, I cannot *stand* it!!
But I'm sure quite a few people are (and, erm, arn't) with me there. I rully hate the new rab and R&B and stuff, blah. :stick_out_tongue:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Kiki said:
Well, I'm a 70's child at heart. I love 60's and 80's too but 70's is just my all-time fave era. For music, fashion, etc. Which is weird cause I wasn't alive during the 1970's. But I just love all the music. :smile:
I'm rully sorry if I offend anyone but... I hate modern music, ARGHHH!! I hate it, I cannot *stand* it!!
But I'm sure quite a few people are (and, erm, arn't) with me there. I rully hate the new rab and R&B and stuff, blah. :stick_out_tongue:
im pretty much the same, the late 60's early 70's music are the best.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Kiki said:
Well Kiki, I have to agree with you because for the most pare new music stinks. I listen to old stuff all the time and have my whole life.

Kiki

Reaction score
I have faaaaaaar too many songs I love, too many to menchion! (My iPod's currently got 5,047 songs on it for goodness' sake!) But, I'd be happy to menchion some bands I like. I *think* somewhere in a thread a good while ago I menchioned *all* my fave bands but I prolly forgot a few!
So, here's some of my all-time faves (in no particular order):

• The Beatles (a'duh!)
  • John Lennon
  • Paul McCartney
  • George Harrison
  • Cream
  • Carol King
  • Derik And The Dominos (I love they're electric-guitar version of Layla! :flirt: )
  • The Eagles
  • Fleetwood Mac
  • Pink Floyd
  • The Doors
  • Carpenters
  • Elton John
  • Billy Joel
  • Alice Cooper
  • Led Zeppelin
  • Queen
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • David Bowie
  • Rod Stewart
  • Suzi Quartro
  • Supertramp
  • Blondie
  • George Baker
  • Boston
  • Linda Ronstadt
  • U2
  • Paul Kelly
  • Helen Reddy
  • The Rolling Stones
  • Andrew Gold
  • Al Stewart
  • Richard Clapton
  • Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • Eric Clapton
  • Dragon
  • Van Morrison
  • Johnny Cash
  • America :smile:flirt: )
  • Status Quo
  • 10cc
  • Skyhooks
  • Sherbet
  • Bryan Ferry
  • Little River Band
...... phew! Stuff like that, y'know? If I can find the link I'll show you *all* of my fave bands!! :wink:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Wow seriously Kiki, almost all of those bands are my favs aswell, esp. E.L.O., Supertramp ("Goodbye Stranger" is my favorite song ever) and The Beatles.