Singin' "O Holy Night" tonight at church

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Wow, I'm so lookin' forward to this---my music minister asked me if I'd sing "O Holy Night" at our Christmas Eve service, and, welp---tonight's the night...

And I'm so thankful to be able to have this opportunity. "O Holy Night" is my favorite of all the Christmas songs---it has such meanin' for me in the lyrics, and the music is so passionate and gorgeous. So for me, it's personally a real blessin' to be able to sing this song on the actual "holy night".

Just a humble, meanin'ful thing to me I thought I'd share with y'all. :smile:

Now let's just hope my voice stays strong so I can sing my best for Jesus! (the high note at the end can be tricky, lol).

Merry Christmas y'all,

Byron

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Best of Luck Byron!! We are about to go to our Xmas Eve service (Its 11pm here in NZ) and I just love singing all the xmas carols. The xmas songs are my favourite bit about christmas - usually I sing them every day which is probably why I get odd looks!!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Byron,

Have fun and hope you manage to hit that high 'C' - just close your eyes and think of Ella Fitzgerald.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations Byron! That's wonderful.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jackie

Reaction score
YAY Byron!!!!!!!

Janice will be playing lead guitar for ya!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WOW! That's cool, man!! Do good, and if they tape it maybe I can hear it one day!

laters,
Kev

SammieRose

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Wow, I'm so lookin' forward to this---my music minister asked me if I'd sing "O Holy Night" at our Christmas Eve service, and, welp---tonight's the night...

And I'm so thankful to be able to have this opportunity. "O Holy Night" is my favorite of all the Christmas songs---it has such meanin' for me in the lyrics, and the music is so passionate and gorgeous. So for me, it's personally a real blessin' to be able to sing this song on the actual "holy night".

Just a humble, meanin'ful thing to me I thought I'd share with y'all. :smile:

Now let's just hope my voice stays strong so I can sing my best for Jesus! (the high note at the end can be tricky, lol).

Merry Christmas y'all,

Byron
Lucky! My music minister's wife (They're both from GA, and he's a tenor, so when he sings for the choir, I always want to laugh because he sounds JUST LIKE YOU, and "All I Wanna Do is Grate Cheese on You" jumps into my head!!!) got that song for our Christmas eve service (I'm thinking he was a bit biased?). I'm doing a pretty duet with our best soprano, though. It's "The First Noel" to the tune of Canon in D... we did it at the final assembly at school this past Friday, and we get to do it again tonight. The highest I have to go is a high D.... being the cute 'lil alto I am, this will be quite a trick *crosses fingers* If I can do it for 1200 people, I'm sure 200 won't be too bad, will it? WILL IT??

radionate

Reaction score
Knock 'em dead little bro! Merry Christmas to you and your family too! :stick_out_tongue:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Re: Re: Singin' "O Holy Night" tonight at church

Originally posted by SammieRose
(They're both from GA, and he's a tenor, so when he sings for the choir, I always want to laugh because he sounds JUST LIKE YOU, and "All I Wanna Do is Grate Cheese on You" jumps into my head!!!)
LOL!!

But Sammie, I'm a BASS, not a TENOR! LOL!!

The alleged "high note" I speak of is I think an E natural. I tried to find it on my piano (which is a bit outta tune---I just love outta tune pianos! :stick_out_tongue: :wink: , and that's what it sounded closest to).

And you may have a boyfriend, but we'll always have Heart 'n' cheese! :big_grin: LOL!

Congrats on your duet---sounds awesome!! :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Knock 'em dead little bro! Merry Christmas to you and your family too! :stick_out_tongue:

:eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

N--Nate?! Is that r--really YOU?! With KINDNESS?!?!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

*GULP*

I--I-I don't believe it----I--I--

*gradually loses the power of speech*

:eek: