Size of Electric Mayhem Playset?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey peeps (or Mupps)

Just out of random curiosity--does anyone know how large the Electric Mayhem playset is? Say, in comparison to the Muppet Labs Playset? Is it taller, wider, deeper, same dimensions? I know it's been brought up before, but at the time I didn't have no stinking Muppet Labs to compare it to--and now I do!

Anyone got the stats?

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

matleo

Reaction score
I don't know the exact dimensions but I know it IS supposed to be taller then the lab because of that sign in the back. And it's supposedly been raised ven more since we saw the prototype so you can see i abit better behind Animal. I imagine it will end up being the talles of the playsets (except for maybethe theater playset. I'd imagine it will be near the same widthe and epth as the Lab.

--Matt

Gonzo

Reaction score
Thanks, Matt--that's what I was thinking, but wanted some confirmation. Sounds berry berry nice!

Quinnnnn

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
Theater Playsets

I know this is probably a long shot (and it may have been brought up here before, I don't know) but i think the theater playset should be huge., or at least big enough you could slide the other playsets onto the stage area.

Think about it. you'd have the little backstage, dressing room area to the left, then the stage with a curtain, but it's have a removable back where you could slide the other playsets into place, so when the curtain opened the playset would appear to be onstage. Then on the right, you have a balcony for Statler & Waldorf.

Then if you wanted you could slide out the playset to put in another onstage.

Just a thought.

JF

P.S. Yes, I open them. Where's the fun in keeping them MOC?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
JohnFranklin

Hello praticaly everything in your post are already ideas for the stage,the whole kittencabodal!

Zack)Rowlf the, or how ever it's spelled?Dog.

Red the Trucker

Reaction score
You know I just happen to know about the size of the Electric Mayhem set because I won one through an auction at the Comic Con at the Palisades booth.

Dimensions:

About 10" tall, 9.5" wide and 7" deep.

Let me back up a little and explain. My name is Ken and I live in San Diego. Some of you may know me from the Simpsons Collector Sector (can't we all just get along :wink:) I went to the Comic Con this past weekend. Palisades was auctioning off many prototypes and factory rejects. All the stuff looked very cool but I had my mind (and heart) set on Animal as he's a fave of mine. I was bummed out when the Animal exclusive was cancelled so when I got the opportunity I had to go for it on Saturday. I'm glad I hadn't bid on the samples of Series 2 that were rejected (with Ken Lilly's autograph) on Friday. Those went for $115 for the set (not a bad price actually). I placed a bid first thing in the morning and then Michael Crawford came over. I was afraid he was going to outbid me. He had his sights set on some of the series 2 unpainted factory test shots. Anyway I kept checking back and the booth and joked with Mike and Ken that the Animal was mine. 6:30 came around and I won the auction (and under $100). To say I was excited was an understatement. I got Mike and a couple of the packaging guys to sign it and Ken signed it on Sunday. Animal is a great figure. The eyebrow articulation is too sweet! I love the way it changes his expression (angry, excited, pensive). At first I thought it wasn't working but Ken showed me how it worked. The set is pretty big (taller than the lab and about as wide). It comes with a full drum kit, six stage lights that attach to the trust and 2 speakers. There are some changes that will be made. Animal will come with a chain and most likely will have more "wild" hairs. I will be buying the final product when it comes out in October. But now I've got something to keep me occupied until then. Big thanks to Mike and Ken along with the whole Palisades staff at the booth. It was my favorite booth at the Comic Con!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
congratulations on winning and welcome to the board.I cant wait to get this playset in Oct.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Sweet! Got any pics? Oh and welcome to the board. :smile:

Jimbo504

Reaction score
SWEET!!! I was worried that Animal would look kinda weird with the same expression on his face all the time, but the eyebrows are articulated?!?!?! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!! Man, Palisades sure is going above and beyond with this line. Seriously, if you have any pics of the different facial expressions, please post them somewhere. I wish I could have gone to the Comic Con. I went to Wizard World Chicago, but it sounds like San Diego was a thousand times better. Anyways, welcome to the board. Oh, and by the way, I collect Simpsons figs to:big_grin: . If you want to hook me up with any feel free.