1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Skeksis Chamberlain Figure

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by frogtownhollow, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

If he's not in traditional robes then maybe he could be used as just any skeksis, and for people interested then maybe if possible you could get more and have all the skeksis, but I guess we shall wait and see if there is any more different skeksis on the way.:D
    I might get this figure at some point.:D
  2. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Me too. Dont know why they alsways sculpt him without his red cloaks (check out the Plan B bust) :confused:
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

This is the first and only Skeksis Action Figure to be released ever! I've waited 27 years for this. I sell all sorts of action figures for a living these days and nothing on him seems dodgy to me. He's the iconic version of the character I remember from one of my favorite films. Those Sideshow Gelfling dolls on the other hand were hideous, performed poorly and helped kill retail interest in Dark Crystal for years. I can understand everything about the choice and design of this particular character for Neca. This is the Holy Grail of Dark Crystal merchandise IMHO. :scary:
  4. DoctorBizz

DoctorBizz New Member

I heartily agree! I am extremely pleased with how the Chamberlain turned out, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that NECA releases a few more (heck even one more) Dark Crystal figures.

A Mystic or Aughra would have a similar visual appeal even to those unfamiliar with the film, and I could even see some cross over appeal in Jen & Kira figures. I just hope the sales will prompt a second release if one is not already planned. I am hoping NECA will show something new from Dark Crystal at SDCC.

5. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

I agree that the "torn and shredded robes" version is Chamberlain's iconic look. Since we're not likely to get more than one Chamberlain figure, this was the look to choose.

I also thought I'd mention that if anyone's interested in customizing more Skeksis "friends," you might want to use the head (and maybe more) from the Jackal Major figure in McFarlane's Halo 3 series:

http://mcfarlane.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3654

I'm even tempted to say this figure is a "Skeksis guard" from some pre-movie age when there more of the creepy villains around—but of course I'm just making that up out of my own head. (Call it Dark Crystal: The Expanded Universe.)
  6. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Indeed, since its by far the best release of him so far.
  7. cabbageheat

cabbageheat New Member

I know its not a "figure" but I sure would love NECA or someone to come up with a crystal shard prop. I've seen a few here or there, not sure if their "authentic", but one from an official company would be fantastic. Why no ones jumped on this is beyond me. A Kira/Jen sculpt or action figure would be questionable. It is ridiculously hard to get their faces right for some strange reason, unless they have Froud's wife to actually do the sculpts, I think Ken/Kira figures will always tarnish the DC line of toys. I've never seen one that's any good.
  8. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

I agree. I do a have an authetic shard, but its so rare I dont really want to touch it. LOL!
  9. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Ok, I just got the figure today and here is my short review:
    - Sculpt-Details: PERFECT and ACCURATE!
    - Paint: Good, but can be better (for a USD 15.- figure its perfect).
    - Moving parts: Arms are cleverly designed, tail can be bent, head can only move a bit.
    - Package: Way to large for my taste, lots of empty space. Photography is very good.

So, this is the first really accurate Dark Crystal figure! :)
  10. HalosianSkeksis

HalosianSkeksis New Member

I really need to get to the scifi shop that sells stuff like this or buy the item online. Either way i need to buy him!

I hope they bring out the high priest and scientist, would love to see them as figures too. :insatiable:
  11. Crystal

Crystal New Member

I finally got my Chamberlain figure this week and I am really happy with him. Neca have done a great job the figure is a really goood likeness. I am also pleased that he is in scale with my Mystic figure they look really nice next to each other. This has made me relly hope we might get a few more DC from Neca, we did get three Labyrinth figures so there could be hope if this one sellls well. I would really love Jen and Kira figures even though I really like my Sideshow dolls (yes I know I am the only one!) and an Aughra figure. If Neca would just make a Jen, Kira & Fizzgag boxset and an Aughra I would be satisfied.
  12. Telly

Telly Active Member

Crystal, you should take a picture of the Mystic and Chamberlain figures next to each other!
  13. Fizzgig1977

Fizzgig1977 New Member

Neca Dark Crystal figures

Hi guys, I've just sent this message to Neca via their customer service dept
    "Hi Neca,
    I would just like to congratulate & thank you for the awesome Dark Crystal figure. The Chamberlain is such an iconic character. I hope this figure sells well for you and more characters will be made. There are so many wonderful & strange looking creatures that could be made. Hopefully the new film out in 2011 will generate more interest in this film series.
    All the best Andy Matner"

I think everyone who likes this figure & wants more characters, should contact Neca as well. To show that there is support for more figures. I'd love a jen & Kira twin pack (with fizzgig of course) & Aughra. But imagine a display of all nine of the Skeksis! how cool would that be!
  14. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Yes, we should write NECA how much we love their Skeksis and also of course their Labyrinth figures.
  15. HalosianSkeksis

HalosianSkeksis New Member

i finally went to the scifi and fantasy shop that's in my neighbouring city and they had the chamberlain fiigure!. So i finally have bought my copy of it and i am pleased as punch with it. the details are perfect and its just awesome in general!.

i'm betting they will make the garthim master next out of the skeksis.. that is i hope they make more D:. i wants me a Ritual Master and treasurer :scary:
  16. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

I got around to picking one of these up, and was able to get one for $9.99, which I think is a great deal for this item - the detail is amazing, and I'm glad its part of my collection. The only downside is the lack of accessories - he has NONE. I'd love to see this figure retooled with the untorn gowns!
  17. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Indeed, plus a Skeksis sword...