Sketches wanted--looking for traders

rjschex

Reaction score
I have (on tape) one or two hundred off-air recordings of SS episodes from 1988 to 1993.

Currently, I'm looking to find (on video) any of the following sketches--any traders out there? Anyone got these?

Jazzy Spies #7

Jazzy Spies #9

Baker #4

Baker #5

Baker #8

Circus Trainer #2 (snakes)

Circus Trainer #6 (monkeys)

Mad Painter--any other than 4, 8, or 11 (those I have already)

"Funny Farm" (animated Raposo sketch for #5, featuring fiddler Donnie Bud)

Also seeking these ***LOST CLASSICS (?)***

live-action sketch with a hand dealing a special deck of cards, and a voice (Maria?) counting along. The cards have a standard-style playing card back; the faces have a large black number (in Futura Medium) on a fluorescent-color background (different for each number). I seem to remember there were counting up and counting down versions; there may also have been Spanish versions as well.

live-action film beginning with a little girl sitting down at a grand piano; as she plays, she matures into a woman (that's how I remember it)

animated phonics sketches (white background, Moog music, and male "filmstrip" voice) with words in Century Schoolbook Bold type: I have one in this series already, the "zet" sketch describing the "et" word family. I believe there were many others; the only one that comes to mind had "pin" and "spin," with a spinning pinwheel.

**ALSO WANTED: "SESAME"-LIKE NUMBER SKETCHES FROM "VILLA ALEGRE"** (animated; features geometric shapes with numbers at end)

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
rjschex said:
Jazzy Spies #7
Baker #8
Mad Painter--any other than 4, 8, or 11 (those I have already)
"Funny Farm" (animated Raposo sketch for #5, featuring fiddler Donnie Bud)
I have these.

rjschex, please email me so we can work something out. Specify for me what the numbers are of the episodes you have, if known, and tell me whether or not they were shown on Noggin (if it turns out they weren't, you've got quite a gold mine :eek: :crazy: ).

Zet

Reaction score
rjschex said:
I have (on tape) one or two hundred off-air recordings of SS episodes from 1988 to 1993.
oh my :zany:
don't be surprised if the forum members pitch in and send you a DVD burner and capture card (and pay you to take off time from work). :wink:

Warning: 231957230532405 requests for "T for Toes" heading your way. :smile:

That is an amazing collection though. You probably have the largest Sesame collection in the world. I would like to trade though I don't think I have any of your requests that Boober didn't offer.

rjschex said:
male "filmstrip" voice
LOL

-Z

gbrobeck

Reaction score
rjschex said:

WOW!! I would love to get my hands on some of those! I would love to know (if at all possible) which episode numbers they are and if there would possibly be anything you'd take in exchange for copies (Noggin episodes, 1970s Mister Rogers episodes, blank tapes, or even cash [which I don't usually condone]). Let me know here or at snowpeck@yahoo.com. Thanks!!

Greg

rjschex

Reaction score
It'll take a week or two, but I'll have a complete list up.

For trade requests, you'll have to send me a private message, since I've disabled e-mail on this board. (Spam problem.)

As for Noggin episodes, which episode #s did they carry? (I never received the network.)

(My collection begins at #2475; included I believe is #2485--the Luis/Maria wedding episode.)

And Boober_Gorg:

Exactly which Mad Painters do you have?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
rjschex said:
Exactly which Mad Painters do you have?
3, 9 and I believe 2. I'll have to check.

And I think private messaging doesn't work on this forum. For starters, there's no option for it on any member's option menu whenever they post (unlike the Termite Terrace Trading Post :concern: ), and every time I try to send a private message to someone (ANYone), it says "your administrator has disabled private messaging." I don't know why Phil doesn't allow it, but that's why I've chosen the option for people to email me thru the forum - with that option, my email address is kept private from the public, and I don't get spam because of it. But rjschex, if by "spam" you mean too many tape requests, then I understand your decision.

A list of Noggin's Unpaved shows can be found at this website (thanks, Dave). I never got Noggin either (small world!), but thanks to many generous people I have them all except for #2293, and a few of my copies need replacements. But for the most part they are in good condition, recorded in SP (hi-fi stereo), and some of them have Noggin logos (a minor flaw if you don't mind logos).

Splurge

Reaction score
rjschex said:
rjschex, I might be able to help. Drop me an e-mail.

rjschex

Reaction score
For those interested in trading, my e-mail address is:

rjschex-@-hotmail.com

(When typing this in, DELETE the hyphens. I add them to mask my address, so "spiders" won't detect it. "Spiders" are programs that spammers use to search for email addresses.)

Also, please hold back on your trade requests until I've posted at least some of my tape contents.

rjschex

Reaction score
What I'll be doing with all my SS shows is dubbing the film/animation/muppet segments onto separate video tapes. The tapes will be as follows:

Numbers

Letters

ABCs and 123s (sketches reciting the whole alphabet, or counting from 1 to 10/20)

Miscellaneous concepts

Today, I reviewed one of my tapes. This was an animation compilation I acquired in a trade with "Ter Wisse" of Asheville, NC in 1999. Contents will be put up later.

Zet

Reaction score
rjschex said:
Today, I reviewed one of my tapes. This was an animation compilation I acquired in a trade with "Ter Wisse" of Asheville, NC in 1999. Contents will be put up later.
Hello "Ron Kitts" of Tempe, AZ :wink:

After reading your first post I'd been wondering if you were one of two people I traded with around that time (I'd forgotten where you lived and your e-mail).
How crazy it is that we both joined this forum within 5 days time.
Drop an e-mail anytime (use the address under my profile as my old yahoo accounts are swamped with spam).

rjschex said:
Contents will be put up later.
I have a listing of one 2-hour comp. but don't think that's what I sent you then.

great to have you here :big_grin:
e-mail anytime (use the address under my profile as my old yahoo accounts are swamped with spam).

regards,
-Ter aka "faster than a jet" (blink et blink et blink et)