Sketches wanted--looking for traders

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
rjschex said:
What I'll be doing with all my SS shows is dubbing the film/animation/muppet segments onto separate video tapes.
That sounds like a nice idea, but I really really really hope this doesn't mean you'll erase the episodes when you're done with them. I know, it's up to you, but some of us would be heartbroken if you did that. :concern: :embarrassed: :cry:

Please keep the episodes complete, at least for the few of us who want to see them that way. And feel free to send traders the original episode tapes if you really have no use for them after you've assembled the compilations. As odd as it may seem, the majority of people who trade Sesame Street only accept complete episodes (not "clip tapes"), especially if they're not from Noggin and are from the first 23 seasons (1969-1992). I'm not saying clip tapes are bad, but I've been trading long enough to know what the fans want.

rjschex

Reaction score
Oh, yes. I'll still keep my original master tapes, with complete episodes. As long as there's demand for full episodes (there appears to be so!)--plus the fact that most were non-Noggin eps., some even with the 1984-89 PBS P-head attached. These should definitely be worth something. (All eps. taped from KAET Phoenix.)

The compilation tapes are for those just looking for individual clips, especially those in a series.

ssetta

Reaction score
I would LOVE some of those shows (if not all of them!) And I have tons of stuff to trade from!

rjschex

Reaction score
Also, keep this in mind:

My "wanted" list is far from complete. As I go through all my tapes, I'll be looking for any gaps in a "series" (i.e., anything having one for each individual letter/number). When I finish, I'll post the rest of my list.

rjschex

Reaction score
All right guys, here's the contents of my first tape:

Six consecutive episodes from late in the 87-88 season.

#2475 (T-V-4)
includes: "Eating Game" (Guy Smiley) / Billy Dee Williams counting with Honker / Pinball #4 / early "Terrific" letter T film (with toes--is this what everyone's looking for?) / Don Music doing ABC song / "T" sketch with man on typewriter, and getting a T on his "toe"

#2476 (L-X-6)
film: building log cabin / Animal Kids song / Cookie Monster at Library / "zet" film / Dr. J helps little girl slam dunk / Jazzy Spies #6 / song "Take a Breath" / B&E "5 cookies"

#2477 (A-P-9)
song "Born to Add" / Harvey Kneeslapper "A" / Meryl Sheep / Gym kids (featuring the trampoline bit from the original "3-2-1 Contact" opening montage) / "Martian Beauty" (#9) / Cookie Monster doing "Healthy Food" / Baker #9 / B&E "Shopping List"

#2478 (G-S-5)
Limerick "S-Snail" / Circus Trainer #5 (clowns) / girl inflating "S" balloon / "Sammy Snake" by Carol Channing / G-Giggle / "me" sketch using Electric Company's "2001" motif / Max Headroom reciting alphabet / Herbert Birdsfoot with "et" family / "Heartstrongs" soap opera parody (with David)

#2479 (Y-Z-8)
early "Z" animation (zip...zoom...zoo) / Snow White & 6 Dwarfs (muppet) / Yellow Yahoo / Charlie Chaplin-like sketch about "cold" / Typewriter Guy: Yo-yo / Spaceship Surprise-"CH" (recycling part of the original 3-2-1 Contact set) / RARE?: Pinball #8 / "Z" in space / "ZZ Blues" song by "ZZTop"-like muppets

#2480 (D-G-6)
Paul Simon doing ABC song with backup vocalists (the ones who do the Life Savers ads) / Monsterpiece Theatre: "Gone with the Wind" / early film "Delightful" letter D / Limerick: "G-Goose" / old-style B&E--"day at the zoo" / Pinball #6 / fisherman removing plants / "Everybody Eats"--UNEDITED? (Includes eating with hands and black kid with watermelon) / Grover & Herry looking for triangle

Every evening, I'll go over one of my tapes and post its contents. Anyone interested in any or all these shows? (NOTE: contents list not complete, just a few selected notable sketches.)

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Drool, drool. Those all sound appetizing. :big_grin: Nothing beats the golden age.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
Drool, drool. Those all sound appetizing. :big_grin: Nothing beats the golden age.

Yes indeed. They all sound great!

Greg

rjschex

Reaction score
My 2nd tape

Here's what you'll find on my second tape: the final week of the 87-88 season, and 88-89 season premiere.

#2481 (C-U-10)
includes: Golden "AN" / song by Carly Simon / "U"-train / two CGI lines trying to cross each other / Circus Trainer #10 / Teeny Little Superguy (baseball) / Baker #10 (FINAL APPEARANCE FOR THIS SERIES) / Limerick: C-Cat / Monsterpiece Theatre-"Sound of Music" / King Minus (ever notice?--when he touches his crown and it disappears, it looks like he's giving us "the bird"!)

#2482 (C-E-11)
Spanish "upside-down 11" / film about cheese making / "E" sketch with Casey Kasem / Gloria doing ABC song (Don't Dance!) / Circus Trainer #11 / story-"Goldilocks and the 3 BAHS"

#2483 (O-Z-11)--Meet Luis' uncle and Maria's mother.
song "Somebody Come and Play" / honkers doing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" / Mad Painter #11 (FINAL APPEARANCE FOR SERIES) / "Do the Rubber Duck" / "Cyrano de Bergerac" parody / "O" being raised to roof of building (watch for that speeding bus!) / surreal "O" song / James Taylor singing "Up on the Roof" / Lovely Eleven Morning / Grover delivering a Singing Telegram to Blue-head (from the "Waiter!" series)

#2484 (F-J-7)
Big Bird with New York Giants players / "Geronimo!" series (mattress) / "What's Prairie's Problem?" (Smiley) / film about crayon making / limerick: F-Face / "One of These Things"--3 big feet & one little / "7" sketch parodying Coca-Cola ad (Mean Joe Greene) / Jughead / Kermit singing "Doo Wop--HOP!"

#2485 (A-L-2) LUIS & MARIA'S WEDDING
Ape on "A" train / (animated) story of raisins / cat tries to open can of food / conductor asks for "A!" / song "Me and My Chair" / Kermit doing African ABC / man picking flowers, they wilt / Bert & pigeon playing checkers / Madrigal ABC

#2486 (C-P-5) 88-89 SEASON PREMIERE
B&E fishing / "C is for Cookie" / Pinball #5 / "I Love Being a Pig" (animated version) / "Let's Take a Ride in My Automobile" / Pee-Wee Herman ABC / "Mi Kat Iz...Gone" / Banjo-playing turtle "Hey Diddle Diddle"

mikealan

Reaction score
Wow! Were these from PBS or both #2485 and #2486 were taped from Noggin in your tape?

ssetta

Reaction score
I want all of them! And I want them in SP! Is the quality on these tapes very good? Are they complete with closing credits and everything?