Sketches wanted--looking for traders

rjschex

Reaction score
A word of explanation...

On some of my shows, the episode number is chopped off. How then, do I know which day of the week the show aired?

During my main taping period (1987-92), SS used five different opening montages--one for each day of the week. Also, the Friday shows closed with the cast and production credits.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
rjschex said:
On some of my shows, the episode number is chopped off. How then, do I know which day of the week the show aired?

During my main taping period (1987-92), SS used five different opening montages--one for each day of the week. Also, the Friday shows closed with the cast and production credits.

Wow! Thats pretty observant! I knew about the Friday closing credits, but I never realized they rotated openings that way (of course I was only a small child at the time).

Greg

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
rjschex said:
#2640 (D-J-5)
"To Tell a Face" / limerick(?)-Jaguar / J under man's hat / "People in Your Neighborhood" (George Washington) / "Miami Mice" / the "d" building / number "5" stenciled onto asphalt / "Do the Pigeon" / Typewriter Guy-Jump
Does this Miami Mice sketch have Kermit or Ernie?

SSUfan

Reaction score
Hi guys

Hi everyone ,

I was reading the posts and noticed you guys have copies of Sesame Street episodes between 1970-1989 ...please I am willing to purchase I have been searching for these episodes for such a long time please help..I want my 3 year old to sit and enjoy the classics i enjoyed....the few episodes I had was lost in a fire in my apartment .....
Martin

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
"NTV" Rocks!

#2489 (N-Z-7)
Grover tries to fix a leak for Kermit, using any of three wrenches (big/bigger/biggest) / limerick-Nose / 1969-70 alphabet film with light jazz music and camera zooming in on each letter / ant trying to move a capital "N" / "NTV" / Alligator King / Simon Soundman at music store

I would LOOOOOOOVE to own this episode! "NTV" is a segment I've only seen TWICE, and I got excited whenever it came on. This, of course, is a parody of MTV, and I've heard that Nora Nicks (the orange female muppet who hosts NTV) is a parody of one of MTV's original DJ's Nina Blackwood. But who are Nick Normal and the Nickmatics a parody of (the music resembled Nirvana and Beck as far as I remember), and is their song "The Letter N" a parody of anything? I think I would like seeing this particular segment now more than ever, because I've become more interested in punk rock and alternative (which as far as I can tell they're making fun of), and I'm also a guitar player! Aside from this, it would be fun to look back on this entire episode (it was one of the episodes I "grew up with"). I hope no one has gotten this episode yet. How do I get this episode (or any of the ones you have, for that matter?) I look forward to hearing how! Thanks!

SillyJoeBob

Splurge

Reaction score
SillyJoeBob said:
I would LOOOOOOOVE to own this episode! "NTV" is a segment I've only seen TWICE, and I got excited whenever it came on. This, of course, is a parody of MTV, and I've heard that Nora Nicks (the orange female muppet who hosts NTV) is a parody of one of MTV's original DJ's Nina Blackwood. But who are Nick Normal and the Nickmatics a parody of (the music resembled Nirvana and Beck as far as I remember), and is their song "The Letter N" a parody of anything? I think I would like seeing this particular segment now more than ever, because I've become more interested in punk rock and alternative (which as far as I can tell they're making fun of), and I'm also a guitar player! Aside from this, it would be fun to look back on this entire episode (it was one of the episodes I "grew up with"). I hope no one has gotten this episode yet. How do I get this episode (or any of the ones you have, for that matter?) I look forward to hearing how! Thanks!

SillyJoeBob
I may be wrong, but I'm guessing that "The Letter N" isn't a parody of a direct song or video, just a general parody of the way MTV videos and bands of the time. The direct parody, as you correctly pointed out was MTV itself.

I don't know if it was intentional, but I always thought Nickmatics sounded close to "Eurythmics".

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, that wasn't the only thing. There was also How Now Brown & The Moo Wave, their 2 songs were "Wet Paint" and "Danger's No Stranger." I believe that at one time, there was an "SMTV" logo in the corner, but was edited out later for some reason. Also "New Way To Walk" was an MTV parody.

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
About the Sesame Street MTV parodies

ssetta said:
Well, that wasn't the only thing. There was also How Now Brown & The Moo Wave, their 2 songs were "Wet Paint" and "Danger's No Stranger." I believe that at one time, there was an "SMTV" logo in the corner, but was edited out later for some reason. Also "New Way To Walk" was an MTV parody.
I always thought How Now Brown and the Moo Wave were a parody of the Talking Heads ("Wet Paint" sounds very similar to "And She Was"). But "Danger's No Stranger" sounded like it was done by an arena rock band parody (perhaps Foreigner, Toto, or Quarterflash). I love both of those songs, but I never knew they were by the same band. Wasn't "A New Way To Walk" by the Oinker Sisters? Well, that's it for now. Talk to y'all later!

SillyJoeBob

rjschex

Reaction score
And here's more of my shows:

#2854 (E-U-7)
Monsterpiece Theater: The 400 Blows / U-Uniform / Alligator King / 1969 surreal "E" poem / lowercase u talks to dog / "Happy Birthday to U" (B&E)

#2866 (B-J-3)
Jughead / "Fay" (William Wegman) posing as other animals / limerick-Beard / J-jacket (and jump, jerk, etc.) / Alphaquest-B / Frank Oz "3" track-ground to powder / "The Monster Who Ate the TV Set" / The "J" mine

#2867 (K-L-6)
Lost Letters / limerick-Kangaroo / #6-rap / Jazzy Spies #6 (FINAL AIRING OF THIS SERIES)--ending chopped off / Ernie brings puppy home

#2875 (I-M-15)
M for Martha / debate over national bird / African mask counting: 15 / Sand I-i / the "forgotten" number 15

#2746 (C-T-10)--SEASON 22 PREMIERE
debut of claymation "Cecille Ball" character / "Healthy Food" / Bellhop #10 / limerick-Cat / Elmo with Whoopi Goldberg / pinball #10 (opening edited out)

#2789 (O-Z-8)
neon "O" raised to roof (watch for that speeding bus!) / Zip-Zing-Zany / "Everybody Eats" / NewsFlash: "Hickory Dickory Dock" (the horse demolishes the clock) / Jazzy Spies #8 (no ending) / manufacture of Chinese noodles / "People in Your Neighborhood" (dentist & bus driver) / Ernie's alphabet story / Muppet rhyming song / limerick-Zebu / Uncle Wally with his "best friend" (the late Loretta Tupper) / O'Brien's Fast Food / Bellhop #8

#2790 (G-R-3)
G-Gorilla / "3" rubber ball (cherry on sundae) / "Do the Rubber Duck" / "R" wizard / "Nobody told me there were two holes!"

#2797 (S-V-7)--no ending
"Let's All Exercise" / Circus Trainer #7 / Wanda Falbo / Count with Kid & Play

SPECIAL: "Let Me Eat Cake"

#2823 (O-Z-9)
"Elmo's Song" / Old Woman Who Lived in a 9 / "Lost Dog" poster / Sand Z-z

unknown# (F-T-11)
F-flea circus / Henson-produced #11 animation (dancing squares, reminiscent of "Barnaby Jones" opening) / cloud makes "F" sound / Simple Simon / rap #11 / Harvey Kneeslapper-confetti over doorway

Tuesday ep. (I-R-5)
Letter "i" taken on trip in bathtub-shaped car / alphabet across white room / Cookie Monster & Grover on skating rink / I-iron / little #5 can't find older brother

Wednesday ep. (C-F-10)
Happiness Begins at 40 / Alphabet Jungle / B&E-Ernie forgets to turn water off / Typewriter Guy-Cat / Frances the Fairy / Willie Wimple-water / hypnotic #10 (rubber band face)

#2773 (A-Y-10)
"I'm an Aardvark" / Glenn Close discusses bad day with Oscar / Jazzy Spies #10 / animated juggler illustrates "stop" / Mumford tries to make Gladys disappear / Bellhop #10 / conductor asks for "A" / Ape on the "A" train / Y--yo-yo

mikealan

Reaction score
Rjschex, do you have any other episodes besides the ones you've mentioned?

And BTW, I want to know that few of the skits you've mentioned scared me so much like F-flea circus, Q-quiet (tree-chopping), Q-quarter (Casey Kasem), ants carrying the huge Q up hill, This Is Your Lunch, Say the World, Newsflash Hickory Dickory Dock with the horse demolishing the clock, Mi kat iz gone, and red-hot 'I' scared me so much in my youth.

P.S.: I want to watch copies of the episodes you have so badly! Why are you not responding to me like Geoffrey?!?! I'M DYING TO SEE THESE EPISODES!!!