Skippyshorts: Most hilarious show on youtube.

Bob1995

Reaction score
Skippyshorts may not be familiar to most youtubers or Muppet fans, but by the time you read this, you will know. Skippyshorts are exactly what they are: Short, improvised skits that star a puppet named Skippy. Althugh they don't have the most technical brand of puppetry around, but their brand of comedy is completely irrelevant and absolutely hilarious, and they really do know how to lipsynch. If you don't laugh, there may be something wrong with you.

To see what I mean, click this link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/skippyshorts

practicecactus

Reaction score
I thought the puppets and puppetry was the worst thing about it.
Mildly amusing, but yeah, the bad puppetry and kinda scary lookin puppets were rather distracting.

Bob1995

Reaction score
Yep, there IS something wrong with you. It's simple: the puppets are supposed to look cheap, as most of them are storebought or slightly modified. In addition, the puppetry is also supposed to look bad. Think about it. You might learn somthing.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I like the way the show is shot; the editing is really well done. This could be a new genre "caffeinated puppetry".

I don't see the need to get snappy and defensive with Practice Bob, especially if the puppetry is intentionally bad as you say.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Good heavens! I need a coffee after watching those...Very quick, very well edited, very crazy, very dizzy-fying. Reminds me slightly of some Homestar Runner style vids, but in a Puppet style. Very cool.

practicecactus

Reaction score
Yep, there IS something wrong with you. It's simple: the puppets are supposed to look cheap, as most of them are storebought or slightly modified. In addition, the puppetry is also supposed to look bad. Think about it. You might learn somthing.
You wouldn't happen to be involved with it, would you? What with taking my views really personally, and the patronizing and snide defenssiveness. Otherwise, why would you care?
Learn something from deliberately bad puppetry, as you say?

I make silly little puppet vids on youtube, but this kind of thing seems to be in the vein of "Look, bad lookin puppets and amateur puppetry, shouty shouty.. funny right?" Meh.

Like Buck says, the editing and ideas are there, but the terrible puppetry is just distracting for me and this would benefit from improvements there.
But I guess I'm wasting my time here as there is another thread on the matter already, and I don't particularly feel like getting into a flame war with someone who has adequately demonstrated their inability for intelligent adult discourse.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Flames and Puppets...Never a good combination. But throw in some Petrol and BOOM! We got us a Skippyshort. Goodness! Oh! After watching a few of those SHORTS! My internal voice is speaking LOUD and FAST and with lots of EXCLAIMATIONS! ! !...like that.

Seriously...I'm gunna go watch some Happy Tree Friends to calm down...

Bea:zany:{You still Practising with that Cactus, man?}regard

Bob1995

Reaction score
Note: I'm not involved in any way with this show. I found it on youtube, and I wanted to share it with the forum.
2nd note: Skippyshorts DOES have an account on MC. Check out his own thread for more info.

Bob1995

Reaction score
I like the way the show is shot; the editing is really well done. This could be a new genre "caffeinated puppetry".

I don't see the need to get snappy and defensive with Practice Bob, especially if the puppetry is intentionally bad as you say.
I have no involvment in the show, like I said. I just think the puppetry is intentionally bad. I was just stating my opinion of the show. Maybe you can inform the world about the show on your blog.

Bob1995

Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to be involved with it, would you? What with taking my views really personally, and the patronizing and snide defenssiveness. Otherwise, why would you care?
Learn something from deliberately bad puppetry, as you say?

I make silly little puppet vids on youtube, but this kind of thing seems to be in the vein of "Look, bad lookin puppets and amateur puppetry, shouty shouty.. funny right?" Meh.

Like Buck says, the editing and ideas are there, but the terrible puppetry is just distracting for me and this would benefit from improvements there.
But I guess I'm wasting my time here as there is another thread on the matter already, and I don't particularly feel like getting into a flame war with someone who has adequately demonstrated their inability for intelligent adult discourse.
Sorry about disrespecting your opinion Cactus. It was my ignorence for other's opinions that made me comment negatively.
I now respect your opinion.