Skylanders gets picked up as 2 Season Netflix series

Drtooth

Reaction score
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...zzards-skylanders-academy-for-2-season-order/

As a fan of cartoon adaptions of video games, this is something I wanted to see for a while. I do not own any of the current gen consoles, and can't actually play any of these games (or the Disney and Lego off shoots), but I love the concepts and characters as well as the overall character designs. Even own a few actual Skylander figures, but really, they're just ones I got dirt cheap (one I even got free).

A cartoon series is more accessible, despite being on a pay streaming channel, to those who don't have any of the video games and are getting their introduction to the characters. While, yeah, I would have loved Mario regardless of any Super Show, I actually am one of those that actually gets into video game franchises for their cartoon series. I never liked Sonic when he first came out. All those mean things they said about Mario and not having the money to get a Genesis. Then the comics came out and both original cartoon shows. Same with Earthworm Jim. Didn't get the video game and have only heard of it, then that excellent cartoon came out and I got hooked on the character. And as bad as the Battletoads cartoon was, it's still better than the frustrating nightmare of the video game. Not that it doesn't work the other way. I like the Double Dragon games fine, but I detest the DIC series that just made them Power Rangers. And frankly I'm meh about both Mega Man NT Warrior and the games (not an RPG fan).

Sounds like Skylanders is keeping most, if not all of the voice actors, most of them celebrity talents like Johnathan Banks and Bobcat Goldthwait. And of course, Richard Horvitz doing his best evil, Zimmy voice for the game's villain (which frankly got me into these in the first place, too bad there's never been a Chaos toy, even in the side toy lines and Happy Meals).

mr3urious

Reaction score
This thing's got a solid voice cast behind it, so it should be worth watching for that alone. Great to see Ashley Tisdale get some more quality work beyond Phineas & Ferb, too. :smile: