Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
Love Red's hat!
She wore a hat like that in "The Bells of Fraggle Rock." The colors may be off, but I remember being amused at the double-crown design.
Aw. This is adorable. Jan's expression is warm-hearted. <3 Little Gobo/Red offspring (am I right? x3) is cute. <3
Babies are contractually obligated to be ubercute. If they weren't, do you think people would change their diapers and put up with their crying jags? Well...probably Jan would; he adores his little sisters, even if one of them has no idea who he is. (Poncle, the brown one--who is Red & Gobo's spawn, despite being colored like someone else--is wondering "Who is this purple Fraggle and why is he usurping the attention that is rightfully mine?")
Art exchange? Haven't done one in a while. I'm not the best artist, but I'l draw Jan for you. <3
Cool. Do you have a request for me, and what level of detail will we be working at? I like quid pro quo, if that makes sense.

And here's a pic I did rather quickly as an excercise in... well, working fast and not getting hung up on details.

Fraggles are Love on the Run: Even though the Fraggle Five do not map to the 6 primary & tertiary colors visible to Silly Creature eyes, they still make a kind of rainbow if you line them up together. But just having them stand in a row is so boring...

Oh yeah. I've noticed that I haven't been drawing Janken consistently enough for my tastes, so in an effort to nail him down (ouch) I drew an informal model sheet for him. Yay.

Slackbot

Reaction score

Pig Doodle Dumpling - Muppet pigs are weird to draw. Link's front view and profile look like two different puppets, and Miss Piggy's arms, body, and legs are wildly different sizes. Her legs are like tree trunks with ankles! I need more practice before I get that right.

Can anyone guess which episode of TMS I was pausing for this one? Bonus points if you can point out the pics drawn without benefit of reference material.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Can anyone guess which episode of TMS I was pausing for this one? Bonus points if you can point out the pics drawn without benefit of reference material.
Ooooo... your Link is so love. <3

Hmmm... I'm guessing your Link Hogthrob was referenced from the Sylvester Stallone ep. (notice the 'us men gotta stay tough' posture, and V-cut leisure sweater.) ;thus, Gonzo's wearing a derby. Though, Piggy's apperance was pretty vague in that episode. :mad:

Slackbot

Reaction score
You win three coolness points! Yes, I watched it mainly because of the scene between Link and Stallone. And I needed to practice drawing Piggy, who unfortunately only appeared for any length of time in Veterinarian's Hospital, hence my not drawing much below the neck. I need more time with her before I'm comfortable drawing her. And Gonzo, fresh from singing a barroom song, is wearing a derby stapled to the back of his head.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
When Kermit sings Octopus Garden with Robin, I think Piggy is in a bikini in that one, episode 312. Also, I think, Ukulele Lady in episode 215 has my girl as a bathing beauty.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I was able to find both of these on Youtube. However, "Octopus' Garden" is too dark for me to get a good look at Piggy, and as for Ukulele Lady, she's downright skinny! If that was her real bod, they wouldn't have thrown all those fat jokes at her.

I did some sketching last night, and I think I've gotten a better idea of her shape. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, how did you not officially work for Boom kids or Archaia? I'd venture to say you're art/coloring is better than even some of the official Muppet/Fraggle artists Ive seen. Love the Newsman on the couch, and the way you perfectly capture Mokey!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Wow, thank you! No, I have not done work for Archaia. I don't know the right people. :wink:

One person I'd love to see draw some Fraggle pages for Archaia is Foodie, who is known as Phraggle on DeviantArt. He really has the characters bang-on.