1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Slackbot draws stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Slackbot, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Great? Well, if you can call commuting by bus and train in record-breaking triple-digit heat fun, then I'm having a ball.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. Slackbot

[​IMG]

Skeeter 'n' Idgie: In the fanfic Brothers and Sisters I had Skeeter mention a past friend named Idgie. I only intended her to be a part of Skeeter's background, but some readers got interested in her. So, what the heck, I drew her. I didn't want her to be a monster, or an animal, or anything else in specific, so she ended up as a Whatnot.
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Er, and what does said Whatnot look like? Inquiring readers would like to know.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. Slackbot

What does she look like? The picture's right up there! You'd have to be as blind as a bat to miss it...

oh.

Well, Idgie has light green skin, an average build, and a round head with a small ball nose, same color green. She has frizzy ash blonde hair brushed back from her face and falling just above her shoulders. She's wearing an ocher button-down shirt with sleeves rolled up to the forearm, blue jeans with the cuffs rolled just above the knees, and gray running shoes which started out white. She's got a walking stick in one hand and the other arm is around Skeeter's shoulders.

Skeeter is leaning on Idgie, one forearm on Idgie's shoulder, the other on her (Skeeter's) hip. Skeeter has a... I think it's a sleeveless babydoll shirt on with a geometric design, a pair of mid-thigh cutoff jeans, and Birkenstock knockoffs. Her hair is the same as it appears in the comics: big sausage rolls swept back, with a green scarf over the forehead. Idgie is grinning at the camera, and it looks like Skeeter was saying something smart-alecky when the shutter snapped.
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Thank you muchly for that nice descript Bot of Slacks.
    *Leaves 10-cookies for her and whatever Fraggle or Muppet wanders in.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

*wanders in, grabs a cookie*

Nice! That looks really good!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Is it hard to hike when the walking stick is as tall as you?

All kidding aside, great picture and thanks for sharing!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Not only are you a great artist, you are being true to your characters. Muppets or Fraggles of any kind. You're doing great! Thank you for posting!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. Slackbot

Thanks, all. Especially you, Count; I needed a cookie right now. I see you took Cookie Monster's musical message to heart.

As for the walking stick, I have no idea if a stick that long is more or less useful. I've never hiked with a stick before. It's possible that was just a prop so she'd have something to do with her other hand for this picture.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

Here! Have a muffin too!

*gives muffin*
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. Slackbot

Kim: Gee, thanks!

(Opens wide to bite in, then noticed Janken standing there with a hungry-puppy expression.)

Kim: Not this time, fuzzball. Looks to me like you don't need any more snacks.

Janken: What? I'm not fat, I'm fluffy.

Kim: (through a mouthful of muffin) Still, cadge your own muffins.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

*sneaks Janken a muffin*
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. muppetfan24/7

Slackbot, you're funny! I will give Janken one muffin so he can pass it along to his friends. So, "pass it on." I don't blame him! I know he's a Fraggle for crying out loud, but I loved how you created this character.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. Slackbot

Janken: Thanks!

(Janken snags the muffins before his creator can comment and, while bunching on the chocolate one, scampers off in the direction of his two blueberry-loving sisters.)

Me: Yeah, he's getting a headstart on winter this year.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. Slackbot

Another character from "My Little Fraggles: Music is Magic":

[​IMG]

My Little Cantus: I considered a number of species for him, as he's unusually tall and shaggy for a Fraggle. At first I was going to make him a unicorn, as they have magical powers, and that would explain how he plays a horn no-hands. But he ended up as a llama, because they're also shaggy and elongated and exotic and goofy, and also because a lama is a kind of monk. Cantus is not merely a musician; he's also a spiritual guide.

Is the glitter a bit much? MLP magic effects do tend to be gaudy.
    GopherCoffee and Tom Fraggle like this.
  16. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

*Takes off glasses*

Mother of Celestia.

OMIGOSH OMIGOSH OHMIGOSH!
    THIS IS SOOOO AWSOME!

*HUGS SLACKBOT!*
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. muppetfan24/7

Holy Mokey! That picture...well not typical but very intriguing.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Squueeeeeeeeeee! It's awesome!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. Slackbot

[​IMG]

Walkin' Along, Singin' a Song: Wembley and Gobo are setting off on an advantageous expectoration extraneous application adventurous exploration. Where to? Who cares? As long as they do it together, singing as they go, they'll have a good time.

Why yes, I did just watch The Beast of Blue Rock today. How did you guess?
  20. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Does metal axes exist in Fraggle Rock?
    GopherCoffee likes this.