Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
Very close! It's The Monster at the End of This Book. You get two coolness points for recognizing it.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Thank you! Yes, I do use a tablet, although I haven't been using it all along. I got a Wacom Bamboo around... oh, I think April or May o'clock, and it's made a huge amount of difference. Not only does my art look better because it's like working with a pen rather than pushing a bar of soap around, I don't get tired because I'm mostly working with my fingers rather than my whole arm, which means that I have more energy to devote to the backgrounds and to finicky textures like Fraggle fur.
I thought so. :wink: I used to have a Wacom tablet for a while, but right now a friend of mine has borrowed it, and I need to get it back from him because working with a touchpad on a laptop is almost as bad as working with a mouse. DX

Slackbot

Reaction score
I've got a book to illustrate, and I am shamefully out of the illustrating groove. So I decided to try to work up to it by illustrating another story. I drew thumbnails for several days, and uploaded them as Ring Around the Doodle Dump. You get one point if you can tell what the project is from my scribbles.

By the way, if you have posted Muppet stories to Fanfiction.net, check your story stats for November. On the 23rd--the day The Muppets officially opened--the hits on my Muppet stories rose amazingly, and are still going strong.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I've got a book to illustrate, and I am shamefully out of the illustrating groove. So I decided to try to work up to it by illustrating another story. I drew thumbnails for several days, and uploaded them as Ring Around the Doodle Dump. You get one point if you can tell what the project is from my scribbles.
Cool doodles. I was looking at your gallery and I like how sometimes you post pictures in sketch/doodle form and then as completed, colored works. It's cool when artists show how a picture develops.

You said you had a book to illustrate. Do you work as a freelance artist or are you working on a project of your own?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Cool doodles. I was looking at your gallery and I like how sometimes you post pictures in sketch/doodle form and then as completed, colored works. It's cool when artists show how a picture develops.
Yeah, I like seeing that too. Plus, I love looking at the sketches and doodles of artists I like because it shows a freer, lighter side of their art, thinking on paper. It gives me some insight on how they work and how they think about their art. Plus, it's just fun to look at.
[qhote]You said you had a book to illustrate. Do you work as a freelance artist or are you working on a project of your own?[/quote]
Yes and yes. I freelance when anybody feels like poking some dollars at me in exchange for art, and I do illustrations and editorial work for Oziana, the creative annual of the International Wizard of Oz Club. The book I'm illustrating is my own, Imposters in Oz, which is a followup to A Refugee in Oz, the Amazon URL of which you can find right down there in my sig.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yes and yes. I freelance when anybody feels like poking some dollars at me in exchange for art, and I do illustrations and editorial work for Oziana, the creative annual of the International Wizard of Oz Club. The book I'm illustrating is my own, Imposters in Oz, which is a followup to A Refugee in Oz, the Amazon URL of which you can find right down there in my sig.
That's pretty cool. Good luck working on your book!

Slackbot

Reaction score
charlietheowl, Muppet Newsgirl: Thank you!

And here's what I did after coming back from my third viewing of The Muppets:

Give me a Ringy-Dingy: I'm working on a little something, and it's probably gonna need a lot of drawin', and if I'm gonna make my deadline I need to work faster than usual so I won't have to spend every waking moment hunched over my tablet. Plus, I think the images will come across better if they're simpler.

So, thoughts on this approach?

Scooter has Cheeto hair.