Slackbot draws stuff

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Sidebottom looks like he's about to give everybody a run for their money on Joke Day. And in the fashion department.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Sidebottom on Joke Day? Y'know, maybe Boober would deliberately let Sidebottom loose on that day so he could stand back and let Sidebottom yuk it up. There might be a story in that. As for fashion, I gave up trying to figure out Fraggle fashions a while ago. All I know for sure is that either they never invented hemming or don't approve of it.

Slackbot

Reaction score

The Silence of the Bells - I flatted this on a computer that does not have a working tablet thanks to Wacom's refusal to post updated drivers for its older tablets. And then, bored out of my skull and unable to line up enough brain cells to write, I went ahead and painted this up. Man, I spent years painting with a mouse, and now I wonder how I managed it without losing my mind. It's like painting with a bar of soap.

Um. Anyway, sad Boober is sad. Dumpy Boober is down in the dumps. Wow, I can't even write well enough to post coherently, can I?

We Got Us

Reaction score
AWW! Wowzers, these are amazing! You've got some killer drawing skills, I love them! Boober is my favorite Fraggle with Wembley as a close second. I love the art style.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Kim, you know (because I've told you) that I haven't gotten up to speed on Fraggles--yet. So I don't really know these guys.

Looking at your pictures, I feel like I know them.

And even though I don't know this little guy--except for his brief stint on MFC--I want to go and hug him. (After I've used sanitizer, of course--I got that much.)

I know pictures are supposed to be worth a thousand words, and I'm still partial to words, but you paint pretty compelling story without any words at all. Brava.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Boober looks like I did after leaving my exam at eight o'clock tonight, walking into a dark, desolate campus. (Why anybody thought it was a good idea to have exams start at six PM is beyond me.)

Another really nice picture and I can't wait to read the story that all the pictures you've been posting lately go along with.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Whew. I've spent all evening painting up the next picture--I liked it so much I decided to give it the full treatment--and I'm not near finished. Maybe tomorrow. Right now I'll scream if I spend one more moment Photoshopping.

We Got Us: Thank you! Boober and Wembley are my two favorites. The order varies, often according to which one I'm writing for.

Ruahnna: Thank you very much! I can't tell you how pleased I am when people who aren't Fraggle fans get drawn into my pictures. (Wait, I just did. Um.) I hope that one day you get to know the Fraggles too. They're a lovable bunch. As for hugging Boober, he's skittish around Silly Creatures, but telling him about sanitizer would go a long way toward winning him over. If Silly Creatures understand the importance of killing germs, they can't be so incomprehensible after all.

Charlietheowl: Final exams, ouch. I remember those. Yuck. Ick. I hated having those in the evening. I'd imagine you'd feel better than Boober does, though. I always felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. When they were all done I was giddy with relief. As for reading the story, the deadline I've given myself is the solstice, and I may pull in before then.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I love Boober, and yoiu make him all the more appealing! I've tried to do justice to him in my fanfic, Everybody has a song. I hope I didn't blow him:sigh: charlietheowl likes it, but I don't know if anyone else does. Again, great pics! What do you use?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, glad you like my art. For the base drawing I use 2H pencils and Sakura brush pens on thick, bright white copy paper. I scan that into Photoshop (5.5, which is ooooold but who can afford to upgrade?) and paint it up with a Wacom Bamboo tablet.

And here's another pic that I've worked on so long my arm's ready to fall off:

Fraggle Caroling

"Did you bring songs from Outer Space?" Poncle asked.

Janken looked down at her. "I brought lots of songs," he told her with a smile. "Want one?"

Both children chorused, "Yeah!"

Janken knelt and said, "Open my backpack and get my sweet potato."

Sage undid the fastens and took out a ceramic flute shaped like its namesake, with two rows of three holes, side by side, on the top. She handed it to Janken. He blew into the mouthpiece on top and covered the holes with fingers to play a short introduction. Then he handed the flute back to Sage, who continued the tune, and began singing,
"We come from the fire, living in the fire,​
Go back to the fire, turn the world around."​
Poncle began clapping percussion. Gobo joined in with his gourd guitar. Janken continued singing about the people of the water and the mountain. As he did the others picked up on the pattern of the lyrics and joined in. Even Sprocket, prancing bouncily, arfed along with them.

It took forever to texture Sprocket's fur. By the time I finished I truly appreciated the term "hairy monster."

Dumb-hat-for-Gobo alert: "Zukin" hood.